Gibson Brands Forums

And her name was May.....

Starcounter

I have been playing guitar on and off since I was 12 years old. In that time I have owned several guitars of various types, but I never invested more than $200 in one. That was until my wife suggested we get me a new one for my 36th birthday.

On January 19 I am very happy to say I received my very first great guitar! It is my honor to present to you my new baby girl, May:

post-52902-064129200 1359044987_thumb.jpg

post-52902-018492000 1359045003_thumb.jpg

She's an Epiphone Standard limited edition black royale. I absolutely love the guitar. It feels, plays, and sounds better than any thing I have ever known. I feel as tho I had been cheating myself by not buying this guitar years ago.

As you can see from the picks I have removed the pickgaurd as I like this look better.

I have been lurking these forums for awhile and have searched multiple places, but I can't find any info about this topic: fitting my strap into hard shell case. I keep the guitar in a case at all times, but I play everyday, sometimes multiple times in a day and I hate taking my strap off and on each time. I can technically leave the strap on and close it, but I don't like putting the plastic buckle of the strap on top of my guitar cause I don't want it to scratch the finish. Has anyone seen a super soft strap with no plastic buckles that could scratch my guitar that I could purchase somewhere. I've looked at multiple online spots with no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam

I have been playing guitar on and off since I was 12 years old. In that time I have owned several guitars of various types, but I never invested more than $200 in one. That was until my wife suggested we get me a new one for my 36th birthday.

On January 19 I am very happy to say I received my very first great guitar! It is my honor to present to you my new baby girl, May:

post-52902-064129200 1359044987_thumb.jpg

post-52902-018492000 1359045003_thumb.jpg

She's an Epiphone Standard limited edition black royale. I absolutely love the guitar. It feels, plays, and sounds better than any thing I have ever known. I feel as tho I had been cheating myself by not buying this guitar years ago.

As you can see from the picks I have removed the pickgaurd as I like this look better.

I have been lurking these forums for awhile and have searched multiple places, but I can't find any info about this topic: fitting my strap into hard shell case. I keep the guitar in a case at all times, but I play everyday, sometimes multiple times in a day and I hate taking my strap off and on each time. I can technically leave the strap on and close it, but I don't like putting the plastic buckle of the strap on top of my guitar cause I don't want it to scratch the finish. Has anyone seen a super soft strap with no plastic buckles that could scratch my guitar that I could purchase somewhere. I've looked at multiple online spots with no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Adam

There are probably a lot of ideas out there on this one. I use wide, soft leather straps and strap locks on my guitar straps. When I put them in case I unhook the one off the back and straighten the strap out so that its lays across the top of the strings in the case.

Hope that makes sense for you.

Adam... congratulations on your new guitar. I hope it brings you years of happiness and "in tune" playing. I started playing4 months before I turned 12. Grey Beard and I do the exact same thing with our straps. Thats good advice. Unless you have small children or big pets...you could also get a good stand, and set the guitar on it and it will be accessible all day long for when the mood strikes you. I keep my J200 on a stand next to my tv watchin' chair, and another acoustic in my shop on a stand. When I'm waiting for a project to dry, I sit down and play a while until I can continue my work. Sometimes I forget to go back to work. Just an idea.

Thanks for the ideas fellas. I tried unhooking back strap and just laying the strap down the strings. This is much easier than unhooking the whole strap and hanging it up after each play. As for using a stand I unfortunately/fortunately have a 9 and 11 year old boys.... It will not be an option. 8)

Thanks for the ideas fellas. I tried unhooking back strap and just laying the strap down the strings. This is much easier than unhooking the whole strap and hanging it up after each play. As for using a stand I unfortunately/fortunately have a 9 and 11 year old boys.... It will not be an option. 8)

Nice, Happy new guitar day! I have young 'uns too, and all my guitars hang on the wall, far out of reach [thumbup]

On the subject of straps,I always move my trouser belt to the side to avoid the dreaded buckle rash.

+1. And refrain from buying big Elvis-style belt buckles in the first place. There's no excuse for buckle rash. Is there anything else you spend hundreds, or thousands, of dollars on that you scratch all up? Like your TV or your car's paint?

Archived