Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

Melody maker bridge question....


Recommended Posts

I know this is the Les Paul forum, but I have not gotten a response on the other forums. I have a '07 Melody Maker and I would like to get a compensated bridge/tailpiece i was wondering what kind i should get, or should I do a tune-o-matic with a stop tailpiece, which I would need to drill holes for the tailpiece. (like Joan Jett)



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm sure someone still makes an adjustable saddle bridge to fit over the large posts. Back in the seventies there was a bridge called a Leo Quan Badass, that was a direct replacement adjustable upgrade for a MM or Firebird. The saddles were individually adjustable like an Tune-O-Matic and it had adjusting screws to move it front to back on the large posts. I had one on a '64 Firebird III, perfect intonation.


Here's an original ad I found on e-bay.



Here's one for sale.


Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...