Gibson Brands Forums

2008 Standard Faded Honey Burst

6stings

Thats one sweet looking guitar.. Love it when you can see the grain going both ways..

Happy playing man [thumbup]

Thanks Rabs, it sounds sweet too, I should mention that the previous owner replaced Burstbuckers with a pair of SD Seth Lover pickups.

Cheers!

Thanks Rabs, it sounds sweet too, I should mention that the previous owner replaced Burstbuckers with a pair of SD Seth Lover pickups.

Cheers!

Is yours a 2008 Model or was it a Standard made in 2008?

I have a 2008 Standard too (made in 2011)... and I love it so much.. all the locking harware and the assymetrical neck and I actually like the BB pro pups (even though I hear that the Seth Lovers are great :))

Heres my one (the wine red with its brothers :))

DSC01788.jpg

Is yours a 2008 Model or was it a Standard made in 2008?

I have a 2008 Standard too (made in 2011)... and I love it so much.. all the locking harware and the assymetrical neck and I actually like the BB pro pups (even though I hear that the Seth Lovers are great :))

It's a Standard Faded made on 222nd day in 2008 :)

The Compton bridge was my addition...

You have some beauties over there! Lovely!

It's a Standard Faded made on 222nd day in 2008 :)

The Compton bridge was my addition...

You have some beauties over there! Lovely!

Oh yes DUH.. I forgot the faded bit :)

I tell you what though.. All of the faded standards ive seen on here have been amazing looking.. and all of the people that own them love them.. So you got yourself a good score there [thumbup]

Oh YEAH!!! [thumbup]

Two of my favorite finishes, wine red and tobacco burst!

Yeah same here.. The Tobacco one is a 2002 Classic 1960 and was and is my dream guitar (Slash was one of the reasons I started playing and he had some like that).. And the wine red one was like love at first sight lol.. Litterally the second I saw it I knew I had to have it and am so glad I did :)

That is a beauty right there! Very nice score! Enjoy! I have not heard the Seth Lover SDs, I suppose they sound great. I also love the burstbucker Pros on mine that I've had less than a month now. I've read on posts, some people had to wait for their BB Pros to settle in for a while before they sounded great. I've played two different Standards made in 2010. Both sounded awesome! I wound up getting the second one. The finish on mine is very pretty also but, the tone on it was the convincing factor for me to get it.

Archived