Gibson Brands Forums

Sheraton 1962 reissue Strap Lock

survivorist

I have just got my Cherry 1962 reissue Sheraton and it's bloody gorgeous, however this is my first time with a frequensator tailpiece and I wanted to ask if there are particular strap locks I have to use with this or if any standard model ones will work? Do not want to drop this beauty!

Thanks for any help in advance.

rFCxfHC.jpg

Q04VU0M.jpg

PZiDQkb.jpg

twhi3d7.jpg

I have just got my Cherry 1962 reissue Sheraton and it's bloody gorgeous, however this is my first time with a frequensator tailpiece and I wanted to ask if there are particular strap locks I have to use with this or if any standard model ones will work?

The strap lock buttons are standard ones. The rear button is mounted on top of the Frequensator hinge, it's two separate parts. I changed the stock strap locks to Schaller Security Locks on my 1962 Sheraton.

And I have to agree that these are gorgeous guitars! Could not be happier with my VSB [smile]

The Broadway and Regent I have both have identical tailpieces. I use Schaller strap locks and they work just fine.

Personal preference maybe but, I would not advise Dunlops, you cannot use the stock strap button screw and the Dunlop screws are bigger and longer so you're going to have to take a drill out.

The Sheraton strap pin on the top/front sits on the heel behind the neck, the screw IMHO is uncomfortably long to use for strap pins that are located like this, as you would find in an SG for example.

If it was me, Schaller all the way, and then you can use the stock strap button screws.

NICE sherry!

• 5 months later...

The Broadway and Regent I have both have identical tailpieces. I use Schaller strap locks and they work just fine.

Personal preference maybe but, I would not advise Dunlops, you cannot use the stock strap button screw and the Dunlop screws are bigger and longer so you're going to have to take a drill out.

The Sheraton strap pin on the top/front sits on the heel behind the neck, the screw IMHO is uncomfortably long to use for strap pins that are located like this, as you would find in an SG for example.

If it was me, Schaller all the way, and then you can use the stock strap button screws.

NICE sherry!

I almost always use the stock screws w/Dunlops......tape the threads, insert almost to the head in a drill, run it over a file until the head inserts into the anchor....let it cool, remove tape, install.

or

using the long a** Dunlop screws, insert the shaft into a set of "hog-nosed"(linemans) pliers & snip off the unwanted length.

sooo many ways to skin a cat !!

Schaller/Fender Horse-Shoe (pull-pin) ARE my preferred locks due to the fact that when properly installed (horse shoe openings pointing at each other when installed on the strap like <->)they will keep your geet off the floor even if the internal spring breaks or the pull-head comes off....

Archived