Gibson Brands Forums

An acoustic Les Paul?

TommyK

A Les Paul acoustic!

100_6176_zps506ba6fd.jpg

Yup, a Les Paul acoustic.

100_6177_zps2e27d1a9.jpg

Found this at Rick Nielsen's (Cheap Trick) "Rick's Picks" showing of a life time of collecting, some may say hoarding.

More here on the 'lectric board: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?

Here is one of Rick's acoustics, a Goya. Probably his first. I think the baby is his first as well.:

100_6181_zps48024ce7.jpg

You definitely don't see those very often! They only made them for a couple years in the late 60's/early 70's.

It was part of the Low Impedance Collection.

Personal; Professional; Recording; Signature; Jumbo.

DG

Rick Nielsen has a staggering collection of music "stuff", not just in his museum, but in warehouses.

I was never a Cheap Trick fan, but I saw a segment on "American Pickers", of all places, that featured his off-the-wall collectione, including such things as his unopened luggage containing all his dirty clothes from tours back in the 70's. A bit strange, but he's obviously a hoarder.

Rick Nielsen has a staggering collection of music "stuff", not just in his museum, but in warehouses.

I was never a Cheap Trick fan, but I saw a segment on "American Pickers", of all places, that featured his off-the-wall collectione, including such things as his unopened luggage containing all his dirty clothes from tours back in the 70's. A bit strange, but he's obviously a hoarder.

That episode was on yesterday nick. A re run I think but my dad and I watched it yesterday around noon here. That case he opened with all the old les Paul's inside, what a waste to be laying around a warehouse

Yup, the stuff in this rambling display was just the tip of the iceberg. There were several cabinets with pull out drawers with glass over the contents. Everything from concert tickets, to letters to his mamma. One could have taken two days to peruse these drawers. I just didn't have time. My wife needed to shop for a dress that afternoon. This was stop one. I'd have taken many more pics, but my battery was limited. ANd... my wife looks good in the dress. [love]

Archived