Gibson Brands Forums

Martin & GIbson Comparison

JuanCarlosVejar

One sounds just like a Martin, and the other just like a Gibson. No real surprise there.

The OOO box is quite a bit larger than the L-OO box, so it's not a perfect comparison. Of these two guitars, I actually prefer the sound of the Martin. But I prefer my L-OO Legend to either one of these two. (I've also got a more conventional OOO-28 Martin, which sounds nothing like my L-OO or this maple OOO-28.)

By the way, I love both the L-OO and OOO body size and style.

I just bought a D-21 Special myself (on its way), although its a discontinued model, I found one new.

With regards to the quality difference (or lack of ) between Gibson and Martin, I can't say that my SWD is any less than any martin. Both great guitars makers, but YMMV

Cheers

H

I just bought a D-21 Special myself (on its way), although its a discontinued model, I found one new.

With regards to the quality difference (or lack of ) between Gibson and Martin, I can't say that my SWD is any less than any martin. Both great guitars makers, but YMMV

Cheers

H

I have a D21 Special for about a year now. It's a fabulous instrument, and the ornamentation is beautiful. You won't be disappointed. [thumbup]

I have a D21 Special for about a year now. It's a fabulous instrument, and the ornamentation is beautiful. You won't be disappointed. [thumbup]

What's the neck shape on the D21? Is it the low profile like the standard HD28 or more of a "V" neck?

Rich

Thanks Danner ! I just hope it arrives here (Berlin, germany) in good health ...

Cheers

H

Archived