Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone ES 335 59 Ltd Ed wanted

Shelbyman

Happy Holidays!!

One of my friends just left after a jam session, which he brought in a used Epiphone 335 59 Ltd Ed in sunburst. I was skeptical of the tone, quality and playability until I heard him play through a few songs. Then, I became a believer when I played the guitar. I really liked it and want to buy one.

I'm hoping someone on the forum owns an Epi 335 59 Ltd Ed or knows someone who may be interested in selling one. I located the following information on the web about this model.......

The Epiphone '59 ES-335 Dot was a limited run of Epiphone guitars based on the classic 1959 Gibson ES-335. It is only available through AIMM (Alliance of Independant Music Merchants) dealers and is officially known as "Ltd Ed '1959 ES-335 DOT". It features a laminited maple body with a rounded,'50s profile mahogony glued in, set neck. The scale length is 24.75" with a nicely bound, 14" radius, rosewood fingerboard. Nut width is 1-11/16th". Both the "LockTone" tune-o-matic bridge and the "LockTone" stopbar are NICKEL plated…NOT chrome, as a nod to its heritage. An Epiphone all metal 3-way toggle switch with "aged" cap, vintage tulip tuners, "Limited Edition" logo on the headstock, a period correct label visible through the "F" hole and a "'59 ES-335 DOT" truss rod cover contribute to the unique look of this sweet playing beauty. Epiphone's much improved, double wax potted "Alnico Classic" pickups in both the neck and bridge position will leave you wondering if your eyes deceive you or maybe a Gibson Dot 335 slipped through with the Epi logo on the headstock. Available in Black and Vintage Sunburst.

Specifications: Epiphone '59 ES-335 DotOther:"limited edition" logo on back of headstock, "'59 ES-335 Dot" on truss rod coverTailpiece:LockTone stopbarFingerboard radius:14"Fingerboard material:RosewoodBridge:LockTone "tune-o-matic"Pickup selector:3-way toggle switchControls:1-neck volume, 1-neck tone, 1-bridge volume, 1-bridge toneBridge pickup:Alnico ClassicNeck pickup:Alnico ClassicMachine heads:Vintage Tulip tunersHardware:NickelNut width:1-11/16"Scale length:24.75"Neck joint:glued-in, set neckNeck shape:rounded, 1950's profile

post-41721-016947000 1387588586_thumb.jpg

post-41721-098585400 1387593895_thumb.jpg

hey there, unfortunately I don't have any info on that particular model. I did just however buy a Limited Edition Epiphone 335 Pro which is an excellent instrument and worthy of looking into for yourself as it me be hard to get your hands on the 59 reissue!

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Archtop/ES-335-PRO.aspx

they are getting harder to find but mine just came out of Musicians Friend. Good luck in your search! [thumbup]

• 2 weeks later...

Still in search of a Epiphone ES 335 59 Ltd Ed.

Why not pick up a dot and do your own mods? New tuners, pups, speed nobs, scratch plate etc etc. I've been fortunate enough to be offered a dot at a very good price in the UK and this is what I plan to do.

hey there, unfortunately I don't have any info on that particular model. I did just however buy a Limited Edition Epiphone 335 Pro which is an excellent instrument and worthy of looking into for yourself as it me be hard to get your hands on the 59 reissue!

http://www.epiphone.com/Products/Archtop/ES-335-PRO.aspx

they are getting harder to find but mine just came out of Musicians Friend. Good luck in your search! [thumbup]

Pics [thumbup]

I located 3 of these 2007-2009 created 59 reissue Epiphone 335 DOT guitars with the help of forum members. However, I can't seem to get the sellers to commit. I've had easier transactions with several thousand dollar guitars. lol

Anyway, I'm still searching for 59 reissue Epiphone 335.

I never saw one in person but saved these pics when I found one online. Another guitar I let pass that I now wish I'd have purchased. I thought I'd post the pics to keep you motivated during your search. I loved the finish on this one.

th_114840_b.gif th_sub1.jpg th_sub2.jpg

th_sub3.jpg th_sub4.jpg

• 1 month later...

I never saw one in person but saved these pics when I found one online. Another guitar I let pass that I now wish I'd have purchased. I thought I'd post the pics to keep you motivated during your search. I loved the finish on this one.

th_114840_b.gif th_sub1.jpg th_sub2.jpg

th_sub3.jpg th_sub4.jpg

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That thing looks amaaaaaaaaaazing!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived