Gibson Brands Forums

Guild F212 demo

agradeleous

OK this most likely be my last music post here unless I get some songs posted off the DR500MCE

anyway from my 12 string thread here's a demo of the Guild I bought .

The track is dry no effects .

Once again sorry about the noise on the track . I don't have isolation/band room place and it seems one of my pre-amps is having some issues adding to the line noise .

Always something .

https://soundcloud.com/agradeleous234/guild-f212xlce-demo

Very nice.

I`ve only recently got into Guilds. How I wish I had years ago, as they make some very nice guitars.

I picked up a rare JV-52 Jumbo last November, one of only 28 made, and I really like it, very different to my 94 J-100 Xtra, but in a good way. It finger picks, and handles a capo better than any other guitar I`ve owned.

Enjoy your F-212.

Steve.

Thanks Steve I sure am giving her a work out just came up with 2 more tunes . I am addicted to Guild as of now and know that one day I will have a six string .

I am finding that Guild has its own unique sound one that is still passed over by many for whatever reason . To me guilds sound is very pleasing and well balanced no matter what model you get . But remember there's always a dud made just pass that one up . 😃

Guilds will always be a sentimental favorite with me. If you are a geezer, chances are you cut your teeth on Guild 6 and 12 strings. By the late 1960s the Guild 12 strings were the benchmark by which all others were measured. My last one was an early 1970s F-112. As I have never felt the need to own more than one 12 string, it went bye bye when I snagged a '63 Gibson B45-12 which I parted ways with when I had a 1930s Regal 12 string I found sticking out of a trash can restored.

Yeah I won't have more then one 12 . I would like to play a 512

I'd like to see a picture of that 30's guitar :)

Not geezer yet .... Lol getting there slowly but full understand your comment the LTG group has taught me that lol great folks there and of coarse here to . 😊

I'd like to see a picture of that 30's guitar :)

Ask & ye shall receive. Built toward the end of the 1930s. The guitar really was found sticking out of a garbage can. As soon as I saw the Coke Bottle headstock my heart literally skipped a beat. These guitars are about as rare as it gets. When I got it, the neck was almost completely detached from the body, the bridge was lifting and a few of the top braces were loose. I also made the decision to replace the spruce bridge plate with a maple one - a survival trumps originality thing.

Regal%20Model%201212-1_zpsv9hrzlqq.jpg

Zomby,

Liking the Regal. Does it have a straight-through bridge?

It has an funky wrap around bridge. I am not sure what Regal was thinking with this one. The bridge is reason I had the original spruce bridge plate replaced with a maple plate. One of those survival trumps originality things. This guitar though has the biggest, fattest neck in the known guitar universe. My friends who have tried it tend to walk away scratching their head as to how I can even play it with that neck.

Archived