Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J100 Xtra

Druckao

Hello, I am new here and I have few questions. I have one Gibson J100 Xtra 2004, maple back and sides, maple neck, sitka spruce top and the thing I need know. Mine doesn't have dot markers. Have crown markers.. This 100% maple with crown markers make it more rare and valuable then others j100 xtra models?

This 100% maple with crown markers make it more rare and valuable then others j100 xtra models?

Not necessarily, unless someone is specifically looking for that set of features.

There have been many variations of the J-100 since the '90s. From what I've seen, they all tend to fall into the same basic used price range. Mine was made in 2000 & features an abalone rosette with maple back & sides. It's a great guitar, as are many J-100s from this era.

Hello, I am new here and I have few questions. I have one Gibson J100 Xtra 2004, maple back and sides, maple neck, sitka spruce top and the thing I need know. Mine doesn't have dot markers. Have crown markers.. This 100% maple with crown markers make it more rare and valuable then others j100 xtra models?

The retail for your guitar was $2,484.00 with the case. This is from the 2004 price list. The crowns were nothing special but just the inlay they went with that year. You have a wonderful guitar congratulations.

Your J100 Xtra is perfectly normal no matter what anyone says, and it is a wonderful guitar. One you will enjoy for many years to come no doubt! I've owned this model and the J-200 as well. Both fine guitars, let no one mislead you! Best wishes on that great Gibson!I find the 100 model much cleaner looking with less glitz.

Archived