Gibson Brands Forums

Pretty cool restoration story (with pictures)

Black Dog

Guest Farnsbarns

You'd think they'd restore the pups and pots. Seems they just cleaned it, reglued the back and block and refinished it.

You'd think they'd restore the pups and pots. Seems they just cleaned it, reglued the back and block and refinished it.

One of the captions of the photos said something about installing "True 60s" pickups, so I think it got new pups and the photo of the wiring harness going in looks like all new shiny parts so I think all that got replaced.

One sketchy thing, and I don't know enough about center block construction, but they said they laminated the old center block to square it up after it twisted and warped in the water?? I would think you would really want one solid piece of wood in there - but obviously they know more about how to do this stuff than I do.

Amazing transformation - goes to show that just about anything can be done. But I'm guessing the fix cost more than a new 335? But I suppose if you need a warehouse to store your band's equipment you can afford whatever it takes.

Archived