Gibson Brands Forums

New guy here!

goldsworthy

My wife's late husband was quite a guitar player and bought over 300 guitars mostly Gibson's. Lately we took out some of the cases and viewed the Guitars inside. They all seem to be in show room condition not one we looked at even had a scratch!. Anyway I joined this forum in the hope I can learn enough about these Guitars to get some idea of their value. I told my wife the money they raise would do her better in the bank. Anyway, I will be hanging around for awhile and hope to learn much! THANKS!

I will start taking photos of the Guitars as soon as I am able. Needless to say my wife and I know little about them. We are in no hurry to sell and intend to research each and every one. Neither of us have any interest in Guitars but my wife states her late husband collected them for over 20 years and she remembers fighting with him about the money he spent on them. He was a stock broker and made good money in his career. I hope to learn allot about each and every one and at least she will receive fair market value on them. I will say that the collection has been stored in a climate controlled place and if I didn't know better I would think they were made today! I am amazed at their condition!

I will get some photos of these and download them to a photo link as soon as I can so be on the look out I will return. Thanks in advance for the advice you all provide! We have no kids and as far as other relatives they have no interest ether. It wouldn't matter though as my wife would prefer to put the proceeds into our retirement fund!. Our interests are in other places like taking cruises and enjoying life!. Her late husband already gave over 1.5 million dollars of property to his relatives after his death. and soon after his death those same people stopped talking to my wife so as far as she is concerned they wont get another dime!. You know how it is.... every family has someone weird in it!

I am sorry I wouldn't know a les paul or a SG if it bit me! I will however continue to take and post photos if you are interested

Les Paul: Orville20By20Gibson20Walnut.jpg

With gibson on the headstock of course

And a SG: GibsonSG.jpg

Doesnt have to be the same color or anything, just the same body shape.

Understand?

goldsworthy, you might want to contact a big-time vintage guitar dealer like Gruhn Guitars in Nashville, TN. If you browse the Gibson Forums long enough, you will learn something about guitars, but you'll also have to wade through a shipload of BS.

Welcome to the Forums, and I hope you and your wife can realize a fair return on those guitars.

Archived