Gibson Brands Forums

No dot in "I" in headstock logo on Hummingbird ???

dallyd31

Hi There

Looking at pickup up a 2007 Hummingbird. But what struck me as odd is that the headstock Gibson logo has no dot in the I. Someone suggested that in the late 60's the pearl logo did not have a dot in the I and this is a reissue. However, it still makes me suspicious...especially with so many knockoffs and counterfeits.

Does anyone have any info on this ? Does this sound correct with no dot in the I on the logo ? I have attached a pic of the headstock logo and of the serial number sticker.

post-39233-010314700 1326577965_thumb.jpg

post-39233-018485200 1326578009_thumb.jpg

There are 2 kinds of p-guards. The ones with engraved/hand-coloured motive and those with the motive 'integrated' in the plast. The HCS Birds with Grover tuners as yours, should have the integrated version. Again there might be exceptions to the rule and I don't know about 2007.

Reading Wily, I would look into some Chinese fakes.

Hi There

Looking at pickup up a 2007 Hummingbird. But what struck me as odd is that the headstock Gibson logo has no dot in the I. Someone suggested that in the late 60's the pearl logo did not have a dot in the I and this is a reissue. However, it still makes me suspicious...especially with so many knockoffs and counterfeits.

Does anyone have any info on this ? Does this sound correct with no dot in the I on the logo ? I have attached a pic of the headstock logo and of the serial number sticker.

This guitar was made in '06. The no dot over the I thing is totally correct. The guitar has the correct pickguard. They never went to the rubber guard 'til 2010. You can tell the rubber stuff as it's sticky feeling and much thicker. Trust me... You don't want anything to do with that rubber thing. Nasty business....

This guitar was made in '06. The no dot over the I thing is totally correct. The guitar has the correct pickguard. They never went to the rubber guard 'til 2010. You can tell the rubber stuff as it's sticky feeling and much thicker. Trust me... You don't want anything to do with that rubber thing. Nasty business....

So, you think there is no issue with authenticity given the no dot in the I in the logo and the pick guard ?

So, you think there is no issue with authenticity given the no dot in the I in the logo and the pick guard ?

As has been commented - no dot on the "i" is NOT an issue.

As for the wear on the pickguard - some players drag their fingers as well as scratch with the pick - it's pickguard wear on a legit H'Bird.

1973-gibson-hummingbird.jpg. . gibson%20acoustic%20guitar-404731805877514450.jpg

here you go, heres a dot for you

post-10024-040639000 1326659774_thumb.jpg

Archived