Gibson Brands Forums

Phil X Back on Tour with Bon Jovi... Here's Bo Diddley's Bo Diddley

CoreyT

I hate Bon Jovi and I thought that was great....

IMHO he makes a mediocre band sound good.

Now, whether Bon Jovi is a mediocre band is a matter of personal opinion...A lot of people tell me KISS sucks so I understand...

What an odd pairing. How would you like to be Sambora? Leave your band and they fill your spot with one of the hottest guitar players around. Imagine the crowd, guitar heads and screaming teenage girls....

What an odd pairing. How would you like to be Sambora? Leave your band and they fill your spot with one of the hottest guitar players around. Imagine the crowd, guitar heads and screaming teenage girls....

Except at the St. Paul show a few days ago, it was the Jon Bon Jovi lounge act and Phil was just one of the out of focus guys in the back.

Gotta pad the checkbook.

I played Bo's red box Gretsch in New Orleans when I met him - he had it tuned to open Emaj.

It's insane. Whatever He puts in His hands sounds awesome! This isn't a thing one can learn, gotta get born with this.

He learned it. He practiced LAMF to get good, and he practices LAMF to stay on top of his game. That kind of willpower and perseverance is unimaginable to most people, so they think it must be some kind of superpower.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived