Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Les Paul Special TV Yellow

truetone6

Excellent score truetone! [thumbup]

Did the case come with too? If so, you really made out.

Set neck, Grovers, and P90s...how can you go wrong!

Now take off those ugly stickers and start jamming! [biggrin]

Truetone6,

Congrats and Welcome to the Club!!

One of my favorite guitars. Definitely a guitar with character.

IMG_1691-1.jpg

Wow, some deal. Nice guitar. I think they were $350+ new, without a case.

Yup.

They were $399 when I bought mine. You could sometimes find them on sale for $350.

I got a great deal with a bunch of coupons. Still cost me $300 without case.

Even so....worth every penny.

P-90s are so much fun.

Willy

Truetone6,

Congrats and Welcome to the Club!!

One of my favorite guitars. Definitely a guitar with character.

IMG_1691-1.jpg

Yup.

They were $399 when I bought mine. You could sometimes find them on sale for $350.

I got a great deal with a bunch of coupons. Still cost me $300 without case.

Even so....worth every penny.

P-90s are so much fun.

Willy

I got one of the red ones too when they came out. Used a coupon too. Nice guitar. What a great no-frills rock and roll guitar. They should be everywhere.

I got one of the red ones too when they came out. Used a coupon too. Nice guitar. What a great no-frills rock and roll guitar. They should be everywhere.

Thanks guy,the red ones are beautiful! Did they come out at the same time as the TV Yellow? I think mine is a 2010.

DSCF5604.jpg

Thanks guy,the red ones are beautiful! Did they come out at the same time as the TV Yellow? I think mine is a 2010.

They originally came out as a limited edition several years ago, I think there were three colors: red, TV yellow, and black. They should be in regular production and priced around $275-300 new (they're cheap to make, cheaper than an SG). At that price, they'd get a lot more attention. There's a definite cult following for P-90 guitars, and LP Specials are a rock and roll classic.

BTW, I think they went off course with the P-90 SG Special: the necks are very thin (which doesn't help the tone quality). The neck binding was a waste of money (and looked out-of-place); they should have had a separate stop bar and bridge instead, as intonation is always an issue. Would have been much more useful. I had looked forward to their release, and ended up selling mine. The P-90 LP Special was spec'd out better, it's a keeper.

Another good model was the 1990's Double Cut P-90 LP Special. I picked up a used one. Nice guitar. Wish they'd bring them back.

Archived