Gibson Brands Forums

Tremelo on an SG

burdger

I really want to add a trem system to my SG, and I've been doing some research. It looks like I'll be going with a Stetsbar Pro II, but before I went ahead and spent over $200, I wanted to check here and see if anyone had anything to say about it or if there are any other trem systems that would be, 1)just as easy to install (no extra holes or routing), 2)less expensive, and/or 3)a better system all around

Searcy put one on his SG Faded Special awhile back. Here's a video of his demo and review of it, which also has a link in the description to his blog post about installation of the bridge itself.

Hope this helps :)

-Ryan

Check me on this, but I think Evol put one on one of his guitars. It worked out pretty well.

Searcy is the Stetsbar master. He did a whole thread on its installation and function. It has a lot more range than a Bigsby.

Me? I am a Bigsby abuser on both of my SGs. And I do not use any of the training wheel systems like the Vibramate (an option if you don't want to drill into the guitar). My bars are mounted right onto the guitar.

l.jpg

Searcy is the Stetsbar master. He did a whole thread on its installation and function. It has a lot more range than a Bigsby.

Me? I am a Bigsby abuser on both of my SGs. And I do not use any of the training wheel systems like the Vibramate (an option if you don't want to drill into the guitar). My bars are mounted right onto the guitar.

Aw man, my bad. I thought you had one of those.

Stetsbar would be your best option as far as ease of installation and also ease of use goes,plus they are very stable.If you would prefer a Bigsby there is a company that makes adapter plates so that you can install one on an SG without having to drill any holes or remove any wood but their name escapes me at this time.They always advertise in most of the guitar mags.

Archived