Gibson Brands Forums

Martin 00-15 and Gibson J50

MorrisrownSal

First is the J-50 (fuller sounding to me) and the second is the 00-15M. Both sound nice!

I would "guess" the same.

My favorite guitars are a 98 00-15, & my J-45!!

Got a 000-15M about a year ago, it's starting to open up, but has a ways to go!!

The first is the Martin, and the second is the J50.

I feel bad because I didnt mean any sort of gotcha... For what its worth, I chimed in on a thread on another forum that was similar to this one, where out of 4 guitars you had to pick the Gibson and the Martin. I was dead wrong, despite my being confident I knew which is which. I guess you can chalk it up to recording quality. My bet is that everyone here would gues correctly if they heard them live. So sorry if I made you guys feel bad; I have done the same.

I love both of these guitars - they both have pickups (K&K on the Martin and Baggs Element on the J50)and they round out my third guitar - a Martin D15. I love them all, and defintely love the woody sounds of hog guitars over other woods.

Ha, I was about to also write the first one was the J-50, this cought me by surprise.

Doesnt really make sense as the first guitar clearly has a deeper, fuller tone and it was very much like a Dread vs OO comparisement.

btw: is that a standard 00-15 Sal or the 1 3/4 nut LA Guitars sales custom ? I have to say my 00-15 has been getting close to zero play since I got my LG-2 as I find the 1 11/16 nut width and oval neck profile on the Martin quite annoying, especially after really digging the 1` 3/4 nut width and baseball bat neck profile of the LG-2.

I have 5 guitars, 4 different neck sizes! The smallest is an Epi EL-00 I forget the nut width of that one, but it's skinny beyond belief! The largest is an Epi EF-500R 1.75 V neck. No problem switching from one to another.

The 00-15M sounds great! Very nice!

J-50 ?

I think the 00 sounds better!

Archived