Gibson Brands Forums

taylors cant be that bad !

blindboygrunt

That guy has more guitars than I have socks. Must be quite well heeled as some of them are vintage and in incredible condition. He certainly knows how to make the most of them, however. Great player and excellent voice. Hope he is making some money doing what he does.

RB

A very talented young man! I think the guitars and the home studio are the property of an older guy, Harada Sueaki, and the young player/singer is Takeshi Furusawa, from what I can see a friend and bandmate. Sueaki has so many fine examples of vintage American guitars.......an amazing collection. While I do not know for sure, I would take a good guess that many of these are the very instruments American dealers bemoaned being bought up by the Japanese in the 80s and 90s, never to be seen on American soil again. I personally worked a few Texas guitar shows during that period and can attest to having seen stacks of guitars purchased by Japanese buyers. They would lease booth space, nothing to display, walk the show floor and pile up their purchases in their booth. Dozens and dozens of classic American guitars, acoustic and electric. Much of this buying drove vintage prices to new heights. I did hear a lot of crying and complaining by American buyers/dealers over this......by some logic the Japanese weren't suppose to cart off all this vintage stuff! How dare they! I say more power to 'em..........money talks, and they certainly had the cash to take home whatever they wanted. And look at what good use they have made of these fine examples! Very good!

I observed the same thing at guitar shows in the Detroit area, Buc. Rent an empty booth and fill it up from the other show vendors.

Well, you are right, the young man in the video is certainly talented.

RB

I personally worked a few Texas guitar shows during that period and can attest to having seen stacks of guitars purchased by Japanese buyers. They would lease booth space, nothing to display, walk the show floor and pile up their purchases in their booth. Dozens and dozens of classic American guitars, acoustic and electric. Much of this buying drove vintage prices to new heights.

I remember going to the shows in the 1980s and watching those gentlemen push out carts loaded with tweed and brown cases which I assumed were not empty.

Archived