Gibson Brands Forums

Show us your Gibson ES Series guitars

4Hayden

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never seen one of those before but its 70s looking for sure. Hows it sound???

Well, it feels great. With the mini-humbuckers the tone is perhaps a little crisper than I expected. I need to work with the tone controls to learn to dial in a little better what I like.

Thanks! It is very light, a touch over 6 lbs. It has the standard MHS pickups which are my new favorite pickups. I think it's the fact they are under-wound more than anything, but the uneven windings must play a part too. Certain notes want to sustain forever, even at low volume.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks! It is very light, a touch over 6 lbs. It has the standard MHS pickups which are my new favorite pickups. I think it's the fact they are under-wound more than anything, but the uneven windings must play a part too. Certain notes want to sustain forever, even at low volume.

Glad you liked it

4H

This is nice, I have never seen this model before. Where did you purchase it?

It's out there, though in limited quantities. 200 produced for the world, 100 for the U.S. Check the normal auction sites and online guitar dealers. Be aware even though it's up on a few sites it's generally not currently in stock. There's nothing wrong with pre-ordering, as long as you know that's what you're doing and are willing to wait months.

Best bet might be to pre-order it from your favorite shop while continuing to look for one that's available. You can always cancel the pre-order, almost always without penalty.

Sweetwater and Musicians Friend did nice video reviews on it and posted them on YouTube. Rob Chapman who reviews for Anderton's bought one on sight. He has a video up on Youtube as well.

Sweetwater video:

MF video:

Rob Chapman's Video:

Searching for ES LES PAUL LIGHTBURST usually brings it up, sometimes ES LES PAUL STANDARD works.

It's specific model number is ESLPSTD16LBNH1 . You can also Google that and it will come up.

- Hope that helps!

It's out there, though in limited quantities. 200 produced for the world, 100 for the U.S. Check the normal auction sites and online guitar dealers. Be aware even though it's up on a few sites it's generally not currently in stock. There's nothing wrong with pre-ordering, as long as you know that's what you're doing and are willing to wait months.

Best bet might be to pre-order it from your favorite shop while continuing to look for one that's available. You can always cancel the pre-order, almost always without penalty.

Sweetwater and Musicians Friend did nice video reviews on it and posted them on YouTube. Rob Chapman who reviews for Anderton's bought one on sight. He has a video up on Youtube as well.

Sweetwater video:

MF video:

Rob Chapman's Video:

Searching for ES LES PAUL LIGHTBURST usually brings it up, sometimes ES LES PAUL STANDARD works.

It's specific model number is ESLPSTD16LBNH1 . You can also Google that and it will come up.

- Hope that helps!

That does help! Thank you!

That does help! Thank you!

It's pretty sweet. The weight is amazing - all seem to be about 6 1/2 lbs or so. The MHS pickups are pretty punky - they can easily drive an "on the edge" amp into overdrive even though they are listed as underwound.

Lightburst is a killer color. Looks a lot like Stanleyburst/Sunrise Tea Burst but it's not as yellow in the center.

You have to work the volume and tone controls differently to get the balance you like because the pickups are quite different from each other, plus the caps used are different for each pickup. I start with both on 6/6 and then mix to taste. I usually add a touch more volume and a little less tone to the neck pickup to get a nice blend with the bridge. The neck p/u is pretty bright. Both start to compress at around 8 1/2.

They are 2016 models. Early ones have late 2015 serial numbers.

It's a fun guitar! If you get one I can't imagine you wouldn't like it. It's both familiar and unique.

Never seen a ES model with out the "f" holes , nice looking guitar

4H

It's a great LP to add to the mix if you're into them. Like I say, familiar but different.

It's new for 2016. Limited run, cool color, killer weight, and I dig the Memphis Historic Spec pickups. What's not to like? Another tone to the palette.

With this guitar I have ditched the board and plug straight into the low input of channel one on the NMV JMP. I bridge the low input of channel two to the high of channel one. Volume I @ 4, Volume II @ 6. Tones are the "standard" Pres:0, Bass:3, Mid: 8, Treb: 3. Brings out the best from this particular guitar.

• 2 weeks later...

It's a great LP to add to the mix if you're into them. Like I say, familiar but different.

It's new for 2016. Limited run, cool color, killer weight, and I dig the Memphis Historic Spec pickups. What's not to like? Another tone to the palette.

With this guitar I have ditched the board and plug straight into the low input of channel one on the NMV JMP. I bridge the low input of channel two to the high of channel one. Volume I @ 4, Volume II @ 6. Tones are the "standard" Pres:0, Bass:3, Mid: 8, Treb: 3. Brings out the best from this particular guitar.

If you don't mind me asking what do they cost

4H

Authorized dealers have them for sale for $3,499. I inquired at one online shop if there was any way a small discount could be applied and I was told no because it's limited and in demand.

• 2 weeks later...

Authorized dealers have them for sale for $3,499. I inquired at one online shop if there was any way a small discount could be applied and I was told no because it's limited and in demand.

I bet they are

4H

• 2 weeks later...

Archived