Gibson Brands Forums

Most sought after new Gibson in the future?

solving

Only 66 people clicked in and nobody left as much as a comma. Of course exactly that might make them even more exotic in 2025 and beyond. . .

I looked at your Dove thread and liked the sound, Em7, but here on the starship, the phasers were working but unfortunately the translators were not.....so the guitarist could have been calling for world insurrection for all we knew.....

BluesKing777.

There is. I've seen a brazillian aj handmade by Kopp while he was with gibson. A friend "guy I talk to from agf" sold it for quite a profit

I you look at modern-era Fender, the guitars that quickly shot up in value were the early Custom Shop guitars associated with guys like Vince Cunetto, John Black, Fred Stuart and a few others who founded the CS. Guitars finished by Vince actually became known as Cunetto Strats.

So if there is such a thing out there as a signed Kopp or Walker Gibson you would think it would become sought after.

There seems to be a move towards small body guitars. With the advanced amp systems a large dred is not so important and the look on stage is kinder too.

The guitar that continues to rise in value is Martins 00028 and the Gibson's J185 and CJ165 follow suite.

I agree that anything that has been signed by Ren will be highly sought after, especially if Gibson fails to hire another well known and well qualified luthier. Like Jerry mentioned, we were fortunate to have Ren sign guitar labels for the Homecoming participants for several years in a row. One year Gibson even made up special Homecoming labels for the participants, signed by Ren and others at Gibson. I know that all of my guitars with Ren's signature have a special place in my collection.

Archived