Gibson Brands Forums

I asked (in the accessories forum) if Epiphone would produce a faux crocodile case

crust

I don't believe it would cost much more, maybe. All it is, is fake covering.

Your enthusiasm is admirable. But it would be made in small production runs, and that's where costs go up. Most likley it would be priced high enough above the standard cases, that only the people that really who really wanted them would pay the premium (whatever it is), and that's just not going to be very many people. Hard cases are pricey enough as it is, which is why so many gigs bags are sold. Most players want hard cases simply to protect their guitars from getting banged up, and usually aren't interested in making a fashion statement too. Think about it, Epi customers are buying lower cost instruments to begin with, and usually aren't looking to increase that with add-ons.

Ceedar creek cases have a website which are completely custom cases have black alligator and brown you can make your own case and post to uk if your a uk resident (USA company) it's awesome I created a black alligator with crushed purple velvet interior and gold latches $549

Yup, if I'm payin' $500+ for a guitar case it'd better survive a direct hit by a nuclear device and require a retinal scan to open it. It also better have a kitchen and bathroom cause the wife would boot me out. [unsure]

Yup, if I'm payin' $500+ for a guitar case it'd better survive a direct hit by a nuclear device and require a retinal scan to open it. It also better have a kitchen and bathroom cause the wife would boot me out. [unsure]

Clapton payed $150,000 for his crocodile case. :unsure:

Where's the "I don't care" button in the vote?

lol [laugh]

Yes, it appears quite obvious by the numbers of views, comments and votes.

I'm going the other route, I'd still like an Epiphone croc case. We all have our dreams.. lol

In the recent "Epiphone Eliteist Byrdland for sale" post, the pictures of subject guitar showed it housed in and supplied with a faux Epiphone black croc' or 'gator case, so I guess that's where the faux Epiphone crocogator cases are, housing Eliteist Byrdland Epiphone guitars. I do wish Gibson/Epiphone would make another run of them and the Zephyr Blues Deluxe too.

Archived