Gibson Brands Forums

NGD in WV

lazarusvt84

My boy's Sweetwater.com Traditional arrived today...Chicago Blue...at tad heavier than our other two wt. relieved LPs. Neck is chunkier than my 50's Traditional too. He likes the neck better than his Studio with 60's neck. Workmanship is pretty good...a few tiny spots where they didn't get enough 'blue' coverage...a couple slight scuffs on the neck binding...but overall, decent. [Forgive the Fender strap....waiting on Dunlop strap locks.]

c0iceEg.jpg

ia0EZDq.jpg

HNGD !

What weight is it, do you know?...............:-k

...is the back also bound or is it a trick of the photo?...

It's just a shadow caused by the camera's built-in flash, B4L (otherwise, If I'm mistaken, the neck-heel is also bound!).

P.

HNGD !

What weight is it, do you know?...............:-k

It's just a shadow caused by the camera's built-in flash, B4L (otherwise, If I'm mistaken, the neck-heel is also bound!).

P.

No way to measure the weight accurately...my wife's Weight Watcher's food scale doesn't go above a few pounds. It's slightly heaverier than my wt-relieved Tradional...so I'd guess around 9.5 lbs. I figured it would be much heavier without any wt relief.

I was wondering that, too!

Inlays are quite elegant into the bargain!

P.

that's a 2007 USA Strat with everything gone 'cept the finish and jackplate. An earlier kill switch mod was recently removed too.

His teacher/Luthier took it almost 2 years ago to make my boy a custom neck, and two necks later (and this past Monday) the guitar was delivered for last minute adjustments by owner (still needs a bone nut). It's got a BBKing Tone Styler knob, blend pot, Wilkenson bridge, locking tuners, custom pickguard to match neck/headstock, and an amazing set of noiseless pickups...Zexcoils. They sound fantastic!!

Large variety of tones... We got to test a prototype a few years ago. Here's a demo.

As you might expect, YouTube won't do any video justice.

More info:

http://www.zexcoil.com/welcome.html

Archived