Gibson Brands Forums

Traditional Problem, need advice

Surreal For Real

Guest Farnsbarns

Glad we don't have to get amnasty international out to help release your new guitar, and a real beauty it is. Congratulations.

Just by the way, from a long term Gibson man to a new comer from fender....

If your kids knock that guitar over, the headstock will snap off. Because of he angle and the truss rod access there is hardly any wood there and the grain goes straight across the thinnest part.

Beautiful guitar, and well worth the waiting - congrats! [thumbup]

Since many years I am an amp & box bypass guy. I found out that every good guitar sounds great when listening to the pure output signal, straight and without any EQ. In particular, the Les Paul Traditional 2013 has a distinctive tone of its own, different from the three weight relieved LPs of mine with '60s Slim Taper neck each. I cannot say if it's more the massive body or the chunky neck, but the overtone range is enhanced compared to the other hardtail LPs, and even a bit more apparent than on my Alex Lifeson Les Paul Axcess.

My Epiphone Les Paul 1960 Tribute which also features the '57/'57 Plus Gibson pickups is much closer to the '60s neck Gibson LPs than to the Traditional 2013. This Gibson Les Paul model is something very special I think, and they seem to be pretty consistent - all of those I played were very close to each other, so for me it was more a decision for looks in the end.

The "twang" of my Traditional 2013 comes close to my Fender American Deluxe Ash Telecaster which by the way is closest to the sustain of my LPs, closer than my Gibson SGs and L6Ses.

Archived