Gibson Brands Forums

Linda Ronstadt

Californiaman

I think she could still bring it up until she got Parkinsons. Might not be her most popular work, but the voice and the performance were there.

Some of my favorites from Linda come from the work she did with the Nelson RIddle Orchestra. I'm a sucker for torch songs.

Yes on the work with Riddle and yup, my understanding is that she went 'til the Parkinson's got to the voice. She's pretty young, still, from my perspective, anyway. (Anybody younger than I am is pretty young.)

Actually the voice does a bit, but I think a good singer with good health can pretty well keep going regardless that their range may change. I've more than a few friends who have done just that. In opera some voices don't hit a peak until the 40s and then keep going as long as they keep health.

The key there, I think, is a matter of health.

m

Yes, the Eagles. Still bringing it after all these years.

I guess they sold out all of their upcoming shows in Los Angeles.

They had one show scheduled to "reopen" the remodeled Forum, and it sold out quickly, so they added a second show, which I understand has also sold out. I saw them a couple of years ago at the Honda Center, with great seats so didn't feel the need to pay big bucks to finance the Forum remodel. Besides, remodeling that place is just putting a tux on a bum. It's still in Inglewood. When the Lakers were still playing there, even the great Jerry West got mugged in the parking lot! Saw a segment on the odds of winning the Mega Lotto the other day and the guy said that statistically, you have a 1 in 19,000 chance of being murdered every time you leave your house. I'm thinking those odds go up if you're on you way to or from the Forum. [flapper]

Now back to Linda...

Archived