Gibson Brands Forums

mysterious guitar ??

pauly710

Taking the points you raise in order;

1. It's not odd at all. Not even slightly. It's exactly what it should look like if it is a 1993 '1960 Classic'. So that's ok.

2. The '1960 Classic' has a short-tenon. So that's ok.

3. What's written in the cavity has nothing to do with the model type. So that's ok. One of mine has a similar mis-match of code and colour.

4. The early '1960 Classic' had the slimmest necks of the period. So that's ok. In fact that's even more of an indication that it is a '1960 Classic'.

5. What? "The screws are definitely not from the '90s"?.............words fail me.

6. He's wrong. See point 1. What, exactly, does he think is bodged-up about it?

7. The 1960 Classics do play like a dream. So that fits.

8. It's not a botched guitar. See point 1.

So in the eight points you raise all of the factual ones match up with it being a 1993 '1960 Classic'. Not a single discrepancy. Not even slightly.

Any other areas which show that it isn't a 1993 '1960 Classic'?

P.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wells we shall agree to disagree then ,, i think its a mismatch as 3 gibby experts ,, who have actually seen and held the guitar ,, have said !!

and im glad ,, i ve got a botched up mismatch ,, rather then a bog standard lessy paul !1

make s it more mysterious ,,lol

many thanks thhough pippy !!

also please replys to my last pps post about giving your guitar to a load of students ?? would you do it ?????????????????????

if i was ,, in someone s words trooling ,, scamming ,, frauding and cheating ,, would i let it out of my sight >>??

a guitars got too be played ,, and i wish too god i could play a musiccal instument ,, as the one fella who came here ,, blasted me house down ,, sounded brilliant !! ?/

one fella said its mellow ,, others have said it rocks ?? too me it just sounds like a bleeding guitar ,, but as i ve said earlier ,, i m no musician ,, roofing s my game

many thanks again !!

also please replys to my last pps post about giving your guitar to a load of students ?? would you do it ?????????????????????

I don't have any contact with students, but FWIW the day after I bought my 'New Old Stock' '91 1960 Classic I took that and my '95 1960 Re-Issue to a party where there were 120 guests, in age from babies to grandparents, and left them lying around for anyone and everyone to play. I dropped them off in the early afternoon and picked them up the following morning as we were staying over.

When I go to open-mic nights I always take the R0 and after the playing has stopped it always gets passed around.

I've also taken it to many parties and have left it with the guests when I've headed home and picked it up the following day.

So a bunch of students wouldn't worry me.

P.

point 8 ,, you did nt really reply too that ,, if its a botched up ?? a classic ?/ a pre historic ?/ whatever ?/ and in most peeps words is worth £800 ,, why when on ebay / gumtree?/ does i constantly offered more ??

been offered 800 , 1251 ,, 1400 ,, 1600 , 1750 ,, but as i ve said ,, the cupboards feeling lonely without its cell mate ,, lol,

its down in cardiff , getting rock and rolled ,, being put too good use ,, with some smelly little toe rags from that collage , add a few scratches , a few more dings ?? bust some strings !! lol . ,,,me old man had 3 jenson cars used too put em in a garage , temperature controlled ,, what a toss pot ,, cars are made to be driven ,, noy hidden away ,, same as guitars are made too be played ,, same as women are made by god too be loved ,, same as you kill every working van dead ,, never part exchange them !1

perhaps we all got diffrent outlooks on possesions ?? some are made too cherish ,, some are made to be used ?? me ?/ meself !! i look at things thinking ,, can they earn me money now ?? or can they earn me money in the future ?? i got stuff stored away in me lockups which are worth only money to me ,, as materials ,, ,,i also got stuff stored away ,, which are worth a few bob !!

i knows the guitar aint worth a fortune ,, 1750 quid max ,, so backs in the cupboard ,, for another 8/9 years ,, lol

pauly xx

point 8 ,, you did nt really reply too that ,, if its a botched up ?? a classic ?/ a pre historic ?/ whatever ?/ and in most peeps words is worth £800 ,, why when on ebay / gumtree?/ does i constantly offered more ??

Yes...I did reply to that.

It's not a botched up anything. It's a perfectly ordinary 1993 '1960 Classic'.

These guitars are worth considerably more than £800. 'Most peeps' are wrong in their estimate.

Mine cost me £1,400 and £1,700 respectively for a plain-top and a Premium Plus version.

You are being offered more than £800 because it is worth more than £800.

What about that do you not understand?

And I replied to your questions.

Can you get back to answering mine with some solid facts and not 'heresay' by a bunch of 'Gibson Experts' that clearly don't know their arses from their elbows?

P.

I don't have any contact with students, but FWIW the day after I bought my 'New Old Stock' '91 1960 Classic I took that and my '95 1960 Re-Issue to a party where there were 120 guests, in age from babies to grandparents, and left them lying around for anyone and everyone to play. I dropped them off in the early afternoon and picked them up the following morning as we were staying over.

When I go to open-mic nights I always take the R0 and after the playing has stopped it always gets passed around.

I've also taken it to many parties and have left it with the guests when I've headed home and picked it up the following day.

So a bunch of students wouldn't worry me.

P.

thats the way buddy ,, play them ,, make them used ,, make them sing a song ,, i think ,, first time in me life ,, i ve ever really listenened to music ,, ben way too busy and self indulgent ,, too have time for music and things ,, now i gets too my age ,, i broardening my horixzons !! seems i should have s done this years ago ,, cos that fella who came and played this thing ,, blew me away !! he was brill !!

many thanks x

pauly

are you refeering to the gibson experts ,, who have ACTTUALY seen and played the guitar the guitar ??

Yup.

I don't need to play it, nor handle it, to know what it is. It's obvious what it is.

And I'd absolutey LOVE to have these 'EXPERTS' pop by this thread and make use of their 'EXPERTISE' by answering the same questions I've asked you.

P.

well pippy buddy,, you re welcome t oo come down ,, stay with us for the night in wales ,, haves a few drinkies and play the bloody thing too death cos after 9 years ,, its made a tune ,, and to myy un educatedd ears ,, it sounds ?/ ,?/ bloody good !! mind you ,, tina turner sounds good too me ,,lol

cardiff university has got it at the mommment though ,, and them bloody kids are playing it too death ,, apparently ,,lol fecking students ,,lol

pauly

ps ,, bring a amp thing ,, !!

Guest Farnsbarns

This is bloody ridiculous. I don't see how you can possibly think that all this BS holds any water. What specifically makes the experts say it isn't a 1960 classic? You should probably answer that or just drift away and let this thread die.

lol farns you called me a theif,, scammer ,,cheat .. basically ,, well looks on gumtree ,, i ve described the guitar and all its quirks there as a 1993

put it it for 1400 quid ,, got offered it ,, from 2 peeps one ,, fella phones me 2/3 times a week from london ,, loves the bloody thing ,,lol take a chill pill buddy !!

still aint gonna sell the bugger ,, don t need the money ,, if i does sell it ,, it will be too nme friends son ,, who loves it ,, this thing should be played ,, be ruined ,, and be gigged ,, not kept in a cupboard ,, and if this kid from cardiff university ,, takes 3 years ,, to pay me a 1000 quid ,, so be it !! many thanks paul;y xx

Can you please post your ebay listing here so the rest of us can look at it? jim

jim ,, smokey102013 ebay went for 1251 quid ,, thne buyer pulled out from cardiff cos he reckonned it was nt a heritage ?? what the feck is a heritage ?? gumtree ,, sold for 1400 quid ..;lol

look at the 2 nd buyer ,, on ebay who offered 1250 quid ,

look at his heratige lol look him up .. he s offered a lot mores privatly and so have many others ,, dont matter though ,, as me friends son is having it for a 1000 quid ,, he s gigging it tonight ,, got too payy me over 3 years ,

give the fecking thing ,, too peeps who play it ,, not peeps who stick it on a bloody wall !!

unless it is a 'real' 1959 Les Paul then probably the 1700+ you've been offered for it is a fair price.

The day of Gibson guitar's fetching 120,000 for a 1980+ guitar is not going to be in our life time.

As for a 'rare' guitar being played.

Joe Bonamassa has been handed very rare $1,000,000 Les Paul's to play on stage, the owners are down right happy he gigged them, the average Les Paul that Joe plays is "only" $100k-250k.

a guitar is meant to be 'loved' not closeted.

Enough said, I'll jump back out of this thread.

beating_a_dead_horse_by_potatoehuman-d3fead4.jpg

"What we've got here is a failure to communicate"

It was advertised as a CLASSIC pippy told you it was a CLASSIC the pics PROVE it IS a CLASSIC. END OF THREAD.

gib1_zpse64d3075.jpg

gib2_zpse5170bd1.jpg

gib3_zpscee35c5c.jpg

gib4_zpsd8786961.jpg

gib5_zps0a87f324.jpg

gib6_zpsc08d0fbc.jpg

gib7_zps6cc7c1fc.jpg

gib8_zpsb7f9c0a7.jpg

gib9_zpsb45b0016.jpg

gib10_zps5f524599.jpg

Item specifics

Condition: Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or an item that has been returned to the seller after a period of use. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections. condition Sub-Type:

Les Paul

Right-/ Left-Handed:

Model:

Right-Handed

Brand:

Gibson 1993

model classic

this is a 93 not a 99 , the nashville factory made a mistake with the serial numbers ( probably made on a monday or a friday ,lol ) and this has been confirmed !! slightly used , never gigged , original case , quite good condition , plays well , i ve been told !! its a heritage cherry red sunburst reissue , been stored away for many years .being sold elsewhere also , so seller claims the right to retract sale !! any questions get me here at ebay , will visit at lkeast once a day .

lol ,, see farns ,, what i said above has just been confirmed by paulon , not tried to scam?cheat anyone !! i said it was a classic ,, also sold it on gumtree for 1400 quid ,, where i also said it waas a classic !!

but seems me friends son not sure if he wants it ,, as its a bit heavy for him ? ( bloody kids these days , good days hard work they need , sweating and getting dirty cold and wet !! lol )

so the next advert for it will probably read somethings like this !!

GIBSON LES PAUL not bad condition for its age , tatty brown case , made in 1993 , but several experts disagree on its colour , and exactly what type it is ,, so make your own minds up on that,

best offer secures it ,, cos im getting bored talking about it ,, and my missus swears blind ,, that if i ever mention the word guitar again ,, she s gonna put ground glass in my tea flask ,,lol

to nearly paraphrase old winston churchill, i replied ,,my dear if i knew you d done that ,, i d probably drink it !! lol ,

EDDIT EDIT !! just had a phone call offering me a fender presicion , mirror finish ,mexican made ??? immaculate , never been out of its case and 1100 quid for the guitar ??

why woulds i want another guitar ?? im tone deaf ish ,, just like johnny rotten ,,lol

JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

Sell/advertise the bloody thing for what it is......................MAN!

1993 GIBSON LES PAUL CLASSIC.

But I get an awful feeling it's going back in ''the cupboard''

to resurface

on here

again

to

annoy

the

sheet

out

of

us.

goodnight irene.

nope,, goodnight paulon ,, as wales is just about to boot scotlands bottom in rugby and thats more important then any guitar xxxxxxx

any americans readdingg this post and a bit confussed ,, let me explain ,,rugby is nearly the same as your american football ,, except we donn t wear armour !! and stop every 2 minutes to have a chat in a circle ,,lol

many thanks pauly !!

edit ,, and any scotman here ,, be prepared to weep in your sporran ,,lol x

I'm American. I don't care about rugby, football, what your guitar is or whether you put it back in the cupboard. You're a very boring person. My dad used to say, **** or get off the pot. So, sell it, or put it in the cupboard. If you passed up 1,700, I think you're kind of foolish. It doesn't look to be in that good of shape.

wish I could see the "sale ad" he's posted with it.....

probably..." verified by Gibson EXPERTS as blah blah blah"

he's gaming somebody....

oh, and BTW Pauly, I may be the village idiot, but i'm not the one coming into the forum, and using PMs also practically begging someone to say that the guitar is something it isnt....

so, i'm an idiot, but you're likely a crook......and i'm DEFINITELY not your buddy !!

and my grammar is better than yours as well. [flapper]

have a nice life.

Lol. I think that sums it up nicely

Archived