Gibson Brands Forums

My Epiphones

bluesky636

Here is a photo of my Epiphone "collection".

On the left is a 1960 Les Paul Standard V1 equipped with Gibson Burstbucker 1 (neck) and 2 (bridge). The stock Alpha pots and Mallory 150 caps have been replaced with 500K RS Super Pots (volume) and 500K CTS pots (tone), all audio taper. The bridge tone cap is an Orange Drop 0.022 mfd and the neck is an Orange Drop 0.015 mfd. Both are wired 50's style. The stock output jack has been replaced with a Mil-Spec Switchcraft jack.

On the right is my Les Paul Jr. The stock pickup has been replaced with a Guitar Fetish 59 Vintage. The bridge has been replaced with a BadAss intonatable wraparound bridge. The pots have been replaced with a 500K RS Super Pot (volume) and 500K CTS pot (tone), all audio taper. The tone cap is an Orange Drop 0.022 mfd wired 50's style. The stock output jack has been replaced with a Mil-Spec Switchcraft jack. The tuners have been replaced with Guitar Fetish Sperzel-type locking tuners.

The amp is a Bluesky Amps Wrecking Ball (built by me), which is a Trainwreck Espress clone. The cab is a Crate with four 12" Celestion G12M Greenback Reissues.

12396087043_3c33dbb69a_b.jpg

Bluesky,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

For new members:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21424628/Welcome2.mp3

(hit play)

Nice setup indeed. It is obvious that you like to get the most out of your equipment.

How do you like the taper on the RS Superpot volumes?

Good pic as well. You're off to a good start.

Great place here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info.

Willy

On the left is a 1960 Les Paul Standard V1 equipped with Gibson Burstbucker 1 (neck) and 2 (bridge). The stock Alpha pots and Mallory 150 caps have been replaced with 500K RS Super Pots (volume) and 500K CTS pots (tone), all audio taper. The bridge tone cap is an Orange Drop 0.022 mfd and the neck is an Orange Drop 0.015 mfd. Both are wired 50's style. The stock output jack has been replaced with a Mil-Spec Switchcraft jack.

On the right is my Les Paul Jr. The stock pickup has been replaced with a Guitar Fetish 59 Vintage. The bridge has been replaced with a BadAss intonatable wraparound bridge. The pots have been replaced with a 500K RS Super Pot (volume) and 500K CTS pot (tone), all audio taper. The tone cap is an Orange Drop 0.022 mfd wired 50's style. The stock output jack has been replaced with a Mil-Spec Switchcraft jack. The tuners have been replaced with Guitar Fetish Sperzel-type locking tuners.

The amp is a Bluesky Amps Wrecking Ball (built by me), which is a Trainwreck Espress clone. The cab is a Crate with four 12" Celestion G12M Greenback Reissues.

msp_smile.gifmsp_thumbup.gif Nice guitar rig. Lots of modifications.You didn't replace the pickup selector switch too ? Do you have any other guitars, amps or effects ? Also, nice straps. I dig the dragon strap. I need some better strapsmsp_bored.gif

So, what you play ? Blues, rock, classical ?

Built your own amp and cab ? cool. What does the plate on the amp head say ? Can't read it due to the reflection.

I want that rugmsp_biggrin.gif

Bluesky,

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!

For new members:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/21424628/Welcome2.mp3

(hit play)

Nice setup indeed. It is obvious that you like to get the most out of your equipment.

How do you like the taper on the RS Superpot volumes?

Good pic as well. You're off to a good start.

Great place here. Lots of good folks and lots of good info.

Willy

Actually started playing in the late 60's, quit in the mid-80's after getting married, started playing again in 2010 and modifying/building amps since 2012 (I have an EE degree and studied tubes in college). I use Superpots in all my guitars.

msp_smile.gifmsp_thumbup.gif Nice guitar rig. Lots of modifications.You didn't replace the pickup selector switch too ? Do you have any other guitars, amps or effects ? Also, nice straps. I dig the dragon strap. I need some better strapsmsp_bored.gif

So, what you play ? Blues, rock, classical ?

Built your own amp and cab ? cool. What does the plate on the amp head say ? Can't read it due to the reflection.

I want that rugmsp_biggrin.gif

Stock pickup selector is a long Switchcraft. No need to change.

Amp is a Bluesky Amps Wrecking Ball Debbie (named after my wife). It is a Trainwreck Express clone.

8894097517_c439aa6a0f_c.jpg

8663774803_2f0de17474_c.jpg

11459898944_caaa231e9d_c.jpg

I have also built a 5F6A clone:

8131581907_e46b4f1eb3_c.jpg

8131578721_4b90bcbe22_c.jpg

8131609844_2a9a319606_c.jpg

Have also modified a Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue and turned a Fender Champion 600 Reissue into a 5F1 Champ.

I also have a Fender MIM Strat, Fender AVRI 52 Tele, Squier Esquire (that I built), and an Ibanez GIO. All have been modified with better electronics and pickups. I do all my own work.

I also have a degree in Electro/Mechanical engineering. Maybe someday I'll try putting an amp and cabinet together, or build an electric guitar. I'm too impatient (I like instant gratification, is that a bad thing)msp_confused.gifmsp_biggrin.gif lol... Cool ampsmsp_thumbup.gif

Is that a stereo amp ?(2 speaker outputs)msp_thumbup.gif

I also have a degree in Electro/Mechanical engineering. Maybe someday I'll try putting an amp and cabinet together, or build an electric guitar. I'm too impatient (I like instant gratification, is that a bad thing)msp_confused.gifmsp_biggrin.gif lol... Cool ampsmsp_thumbup.gif

Is that a stereo amp ?(2 speaker outputs)msp_thumbup.gif

Nope. Just two outputs in parallel.

Champ 600: http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=63259

BDRI Mods: http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=80142

Trainwreck Express Clone: http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=83741&p=945479#p945479

5F6A Clone: http://forums.fender.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=65668

Nice lookin' rig ya got there, blue. [thumbup]

I'm in the process of mod'in my Jr & am thinkin' about addin' one of those BadAss bridges.

Archived