Gibson Brands Forums

Gas: How do you spell relief?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Doug,

very glad to here that your visit @MC went well. I'm sure everyone here feels the same way. (That's the thing about this forum)

My brother in-law has been in remission for almost 10 years now. (Lymphoma)

My wife had bladder cancer (at a very young age due to genetics), she's been cancer free since 2009.

(Her brother passed at 36 almost 20 years ago now he had the defect too, he was the first one, no one knew till then, we miss him everyday still....)

Staying 10 steps ahead of these things is the way to go. Thank God for the miracle workers at these clinics and hospitals.

best to you and have an EXCELLENT day,

enjoy that "J"!!

/Ray

Another thing I want to say, Ray, is CANCER SUCKS! Hope your loved ones stay free and clear of this crap for good. Like I always tell everybody, "none of us will survive the bus ride, but I am not quite ready to get off the bus, yet." [biggrin]

Doug...

I think you made a point I wish others might hear a bit.

Not to go overboard, but any of us might croak at any time.

I figure in my case, I will be gone within 10-15 years or less and frankly, will be forgotten prior to that event. <grin>

It could happen tomorrow going to the grocery store for the youngest among us.

So... I don't think one should throw away or ignore other of life's priorities.

But if any of us suffers from GAS and that new guitar brings the kind of joy one doesn't get from a new carpet or whatever, why not?

Pickin' is in a sense a zen thing. It brings an unfocused focus to both being and nothingness that clears the mind and de-stresses the body as a whole. That intrinsic value is true whether one has a talent of "1" on a scale of 1 to 100, or if one is at 99. As for the value to others... that'll vary. But I think we owe ourselves the value to ourselves of pickin'.

You're right, Milo. Thanks for your words of wisdom. I find that playing relaxes me and it is almost like a kind of meditation, where you can lose the world's troubles or your own problems, no matter how "good or bad" you play. Everyone is at a different skill level no matter what the age. One of the reasons I started playing mandolin, was to help me stop smoking back when I was 49, now 11 years later, I don't play for that reason anymore, I play because I look at my mandolin or my guitars and I get the urge to play them everyday, because I love the sound that comes from them as I am trying sing and play at the same time. Others might not agree about the sound coming out and it being good, but OH WELL. :)

Q, My wife thinks I have about 3 too many now. If my gas pains come about every 10 years or so, I will be too old the next time to remember what it was I was looking for. LOL [biggrin]

Lol!!!

I can totally relate to that brother!!!

What were we talking about again??????

hehe.

Man, I wasn't even having gas, then someone here mentions Sweetwater credit sale so I go looking to see what they have going on and now I sit here looking at a credit approval letter. Now its like I just gotta buy something. Dont really need a guitar, but there are a few I sure wouldn't mind having. I dont really need an amp, but again, same story. There is a Blackstar I could really sink my teeth into. I must stay in control. I must now turn off the computer and walk away. I have to ignore this credit thingy. Slooowly I turn, step by step....

Man, I wasn't even having gas, then someone here mentions Sweetwater credit sale so I go looking to see what they have going on and now I sit here looking at a credit approval letter. Now its like I just gotta buy something. Dont really need a guitar, but there are a few I sure wouldn't mind having. I dont really need an amp, but again, same story. There is a Blackstar I could really sink my teeth into. I must stay in control. I must now turn off the computer and walk away. I have to ignore this credit thingy. Slooowly I turn, step by step....

I'm afraid the credit sale thing was my fault, Scot, and it actually looks like you have enough room to make it an even number again, nice variety of stringed instruments, by the way. I was planning on pulling the trigger sometime in the future on my J-35, but checking Sweetwater.com, I noticed that their financing had changed from 24 to 36 months until 3-17 and I did the same thing as you, got approved, but I went a step further and called them up to ask a few questions, and of course being the good Sales force they are, they forced me to pull the trigger (not really, but it makes it look better for my will power). [rolleyes]

Well I dont have a Telecaster in my fleet. They have an American Special that looks kind of nice, but they also have a Mexican "baja" tele that looks really interesting. it has a fourth switch position with a button on the tone knob to out phase the pickups, and they both have the old style saddles. A Blond colored Tele would round out my collection nicely dont ya think?

Heh heh. I could not take the pressure anymore and I expelled the GAS. LOL. I ordered the Baja from Sweetwater. I will have to wait a little while for it because they did not have the blondie in stock and I am not as fond of the Burst on that Tele. Now for the brutal wait. I blame you. B) Just kidding. I have no self control. Maybe I should join a Fender forum to talk about it, but I kind of prefer it here, and Gibson will always be my #1. [thumbup]

Plus I figure with Sweetwaters return policy, if it is not absolutely perfect it is going back so what do I have to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7m8rI9l4pE

Heh heh. I could not take the pressure anymore and I expelled the GAS. LOL. I ordered the Baja from Sweetwater. I will have to wait a little while for it because they did not have the blondie in stock and I am not as fond of the Burst on that Tele. Now for the brutal wait. I blame you. B) Just kidding. I have no self control. Maybe I should join a Fender forum to talk about it, but I kind of prefer it here, and Gibson will always be my #1. [thumbup]

Plus I figure with Sweetwaters return policy, if it is not absolutely perfect it is going back so what do I have to lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7m8rI9l4pE

Cool Tele and it sounds great. You will be making a lot of good music with that baby. I accept the blame, but I didn't know GAS pains were catchy. Must remember that for the future. My guitar is sitting at a UPS warehouse in Chicago area, so I hope it will be in Minnesota by Tuesday. Then my GAS will be relieved for awhile. I hope. ](*,)

I just looked up in my AXE GAS Dictionary for the spelling of Sam Ash / Rickenbacker 4003 Midnight Blue. It said, see FedEx local location for Tuesday, 3/18/14 delivery. That's today. [thumbup]

I ordered this yesterday from Zounds... DAMN YOU ZZOUNDS AND YOUR PAY AS YOU PLAY!!!!

539238_3984750833921_129459665_n.jpg

Im going to drill a tone knob hole burst buckers with covers old school electronics with amber top hats a blank truss cover amber toggle knob 50s wired yep.

Very Nice! [thumbup]

I just looked up in my AXE GAS Dictionary for the spelling of Sam Ash / Rickenbacker 4003 Midnight Blue. It said, see FedEx local location for Tuesday, 3/18/14 delivery. That's today. [thumbup]

I am glad for you. At least somebody will be able to enjoy their new toy. My J-35 or I should say UPS, decided to let my J-35 party in Chicago for 4 days and it finally made it to Minneapolis today, so if they ship it out of Minneapolis tonight to Southern Minnesota, I may see mine tomorrow, but I expect it will be Thursday, unless the dang thing decides to stay and go clubbing in the Twin Cities. [crying]

I ordered this yesterday from Zounds... DAMN YOU ZZOUNDS AND YOUR PAY AS YOU PLAY!!!!

539238_3984750833921_129459665_n.jpg

Im going to drill a tone knob hole burst buckers with covers old school electronics with amber top hats a blank truss cover amber toggle knob 50s wired yep.

Nice, I really like the colors. Another GAS pain relieved. [biggrin]

This is one a year for the last 3 years the madness must end lol

I wanted one like my first one a vintage sunburst all stock and original.

Well, if you're "mad," I must be complety insane. [scared] I bought 4 SG's in less that a year,

after not owning ANY, for 42 years. [blush][blink]

No regrets, though, for sure! [thumbup][biggrin]

CB

I am glad for you. At least somebody will be able to enjoy their new toy. My J-35 or I should say UPS, decided to let my J-35 party in Chicago for 4 days and it finally made it to Minneapolis today, so if they ship it out of Minneapolis tonight to Southern Minnesota, I may see mine tomorrow, but I expect it will be Thursday, unless the dang thing decides to stay and go clubbing in the Twin Cities. [crying]

Thanks man. It showed up as scheduled Tuesday. As much as I don't care for UPS, the weather in some parts of the country, have been a shipping logistical nightmare. My 4003 came FedEx, but it was only about 4-5 hours away, from Tampa, FL to south Palm Beach County, FL. No snow, or ice to contend with.

I can feel you GAS Pains, knowing it's out there, and not in your hands. [thumbup] I keep checking tracking numbers like something is going to speed up delivery. [rolleyes]

Well boys and girls, my gas problem is almost over. The J-35 has arrived and is now sitting in my living room trying to warm up. I haven't even opened the shipping box, yet. I figure I have waited this long, I can wait a few more hours for it to get to room temperature, but I can't hardly wait. I wonder if my playing will change, you know I am not too fast, not too slow, I am half fast, if you get the meaning. I will post some pictures of the proud papa with his new baby and eventually let you know how it sounds. O:)

Well boys and girls, my gas problem is almost over. The J-35 has arrived and is now sitting in my living room trying to warm up. I haven't even opened the shipping box, yet. I figure I have waited this long, I can wait a few more hours for it to get to room temperature, but I can't hardly wait. I wonder if my playing will change, you know I am not too fast, not too slow, I am half fast, if you get the meaning. I will post some pictures of the proud papa with his new baby and eventually let you know how it sounds. O:)

ioKd4hk.gifAlright! Glad you got it in. You're doing the right thing by letting it slowly acclimate to your environment. I learned a bit myself in 46 years too. ioKd4hk.gif Congrats again.

Archived