Gibson Brands Forums

Saturday Song

Buc McMaster

So simple and so elegant.

I always have to listen more than once, and when I'm done, my first thought is usually along the lines of "well, who knew that was exactly what this day needed?!"

Time to put together a compilation CD? I'll have my $ in hand.

Thanks for posting these gems, Buc

Thank you, folks! I love this old tune........very classy song! I read that it was originally written by Pee Wee King, specifically worded from the perspective of the significant others waiting for their soldiers to come home from the European theatre of WW2. Price and Stewart pitched in and made it more of a generic message to globe-hopping travelers everywhere. Quite a fine song, me thinks.

And yes, Bill, I love this shiny little ukulele myself. It sounds wonderful! Went back to the fluorocarbon strings on this one.......loses just a shade of volume compared to the nylon synthetics but has a much sweeter tone. The two little Gibson sopranos sound better with the Aquila strings, barky and loud.

Thanks for listening, people! [cool]

Oh geez. I thought that video was destroyed.......! Yes, yes. Clocked with a uke. It was an error on her part, you know..........she thought I was going to ask her to marry but I was only trying to break the news that her dog had died. Well, needless to say, that little affair ended right then and there............. She always was a little firebrand!

Well played Buc...well played. I actually started out on a $.29 plastic uke in 1954. My dad showed me the three chords he knew and then I was on my own. I still have the one I bought at a music store in '60 and one I picked up at a yard sale. Every so often I play one of them.

Archived