Gibson Brands Forums

Can anyone ID this guitar?

akabilly

Hello everyone,

I came across this guitar and bought it for $25. The guy I bought it from didn't know anything about it. I did some research on the internet and based on the Serial number this guitar was built in April 2005. It looks like an S-310 but the manufacture date does not match production date range. It's finished in a gun metal grey. Any insight is appreciated. I just want to know what to call this thing. Thanks for any help.

post-65201-064003500 1399392774_thumb.jpg

post-65201-014083100 1399392803_thumb.jpg

Cant really place this one. It looks like a combination of S-Series guitars. The neck and the neck plate dont belong together. The neck is no later that 1998. After that they went to the batwing design. The plate could be from the last years of the FAT-210 or FAT-310. The body is anyone's guess. Its obviously been spray-bombed, so the color isnt helpful. I'm guessing that the body color didnt match the heastock like it should and thats why it was painted.

The body is a gun metal grey and the head is black. Here is a better pic of the serial number. Thank you RTH. Let me know what you find out ourtang89 on the pawn shop one. I put new Cobalt Slinkys and it sounds great. I'm happy with it.

Perhaps it's mystery is only exceeded by its power...

20140506_153613.jpg

The body is a gun metal grey and the head is black. Here is a better pic of the serial number. Thank you RTH. Let me know what you find out ourtang89 on the pawn shop one. I put new Cobalt Slinkys and it sounds great. I'm happy with it.

20140506_153613.jpg

I will go by there in the morning and get the serial number off of it and try to get a pic of it also.

Can you open up the back plate and tell us what color the body was originally? There might be some remnants of the original paint inside.

No obvious clue on original color, looks like they gutted it and painted it inside and out. Most of the chips reveal a light grey almost a primer or the actual material color one of them looks black though. I failed to mention that it has a 5 way selector switch as well.

Thanks again for any help on this.

Don't be so cheap "Bender 4 Life" it's a custom now I'll triple your investment, nice looking axe, how does it play, I just bought a 08 LP Special II in showroom condition for $60Cdn. my first Epi since my 1959 335 with De Armond pickups, that was stolen from my brother's place after I foolishly let him borrow it two week earlier that was 20 years ago, and I'm still waiting for him to replace it, All I got was a sorry and they left his Ibanez on the stand)

Congratz'

Archived