Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Rant - ES139 Comes With Gig Bag?

RevDavidLee

FYI - I just sent a scorching email to the store manager Scott L. I told him what happened and quoted your information as to the location of the ES-139 in his store and asked him to call me on my cell phone tomorrow. We'll see what happens. I'll keep you updated. B)

Oh good! I was there a while and the guy that helped me was great. I can see how someone could answer the phone though and get it all messed up. My experience with most GC managers is that they'll do whatever it takes to help you out, so if they still have it you'll hear soon. That'd be great if you could snag it. There was absolutely nothing wrong with that guitar, and outside of clearance I could see no reason for it to be priced like that. Them are like, 1200 new I think? I hope it works out!

rct

Well, after waiting for 4 hours after the store opened to hear from the manager, Scott, I called the store to see if he was available. He was and I did speak with him. I identified myself and asked him if he had received my email, he said that he had but that they had been real busy since they opened. I then said, well you know why I'm calling then, is this guitar still available - he said, that guitar has been sold. I waited a moment to see if he would elaborate as to when it was sold, before or after I called the store about purchasing it yesterday, he was silent and did not elaborate further. I said well thanks for your time and hung up. Insert four letter word here: F*** Guitar Center! [cursing]

Now, I am not sure if this would make any difference to you—and I agree that a guitar costing over $800.00 warrants an actual case, but....

Might it come with one of those "Premium" gig bags—ones that are actually really nice and do protect your guitar?

P.S. Just read your last post... never mind!

Well, after waiting for 4 hours after the store opened to hear from the manager, Scott, I called the store to see if he was available. He was and I did speak with him. I identified myself and asked him if he had received my email, he said that he had but that they had been real busy since they opened. I then said, well you know why I'm calling then, is this guitar still available - he said, that guitar has been sold. I waited a moment to see if he would elaborate as to when it was sold, before or after I called the store about purchasing it yesterday, he was silent and did not elaborate further. I said well thanks for your time and hung up. Insert four letter word here: F*** Guitar Center! [cursing]

Sorry for you, Rev, sad about this unlucky outcome. :(

Bummer dude. I'm going to be out at another Bead Show in PA for the Mrs mid August. Such good luck at this last one I'm already getting a list of stores together. If I see one, I'll get a number and tell them a guy might be calling them about it, and I'll let you know.

rct

Bummer dude. I'm going to be out at another Bead Show in PA for the Mrs mid August. Such good luck at this last one I'm already getting a list of stores together. If I see one, I'll get a number and tell them a guy might be calling them about it, and I'll let you know.

rct

Thank you brother [thumbup]

Hello!

Thursday, I`ll be in Wien. Accidentally, I`ve spotted a store that has one on stock. :rolleyes:

http://klangfarbe.com/artikel.php?a=gibson-es-139-vintage-sunburst-g42030

I really hope, it will inferior...or at least I`ll have enough strenght to resist. :) Something about that guitar...mmmmm.

Also, found one on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gibson-ES-139-Electric-Guitar-Unplayed-W-DLX-Gigbag-and-Paperwork-/121371575067?pt=Guitar&hash=item1c424f431b#ht_5982wt_916

Cheers... Bence

Archived