Gibson Brands Forums

What genres of music do you play on you epiphone?

CJCifuentes

Well, I don't know if there are people in this blog who don't like "Shred Guitars" like Satriani, Steve Vai, Govan and stuff like that, I prefer simple or creative guitarist instead of fast players, I love Blues rock, garage rock, experimental, psychodelic, blues, piano rock and others, what kind of music do you play on your epiphone?

What used to be called "Folk-Rock," Blues, '60's British Invasion, Blues Rock, etc., etc., etc.

I try not to limit what I'll (at least try to) play on my Epi's. But, my "talent" has it's limit's,

unfortunately (for me)! [tongue][biggrin]

CB

All the things I've learned was by myself, on internet, playing with friends and stuff like that but then I went with one great teacher called Julio Valle, he's from Guatemala and he taught me a lot of things about music theory and even thought I learned a lot of things with him, when I was writing some stuff, It always came from inside, from my heart, never from the things I learned, I just played all my own riffs and I didn't know where they came from, what scale those riff are, it just came outside from my heart, it's something really amazing! then I realize I play better without learning music Theory or things like that, just by my ear and feelings!

(Sorry for my bad english :P I'm from Guatemala jajaja)

Mainly oompah fusion these days - but occasionally with a campfire 'vibe' if the audience is receptive and the venue has central heating.

Guatemala is where marimba's originate from isn't it? (sorry if that's wrong) They seem quite popluar in Australia lately.

Archived