Gibson Brands Forums

lightning bolt inlay STICKERS -lol

guitar_randy

Someone gave me some of those lightning bolt inlay STICKERs ,for xmas.

Put them on my sg faded

Whats your thoughts?

cool?

Cheesey?

I'm not sure.

Up close they are cheesey

Far away,still maybe cheesey lol

They are supposed to look as if they are chrome.

They definately don't look like an actual inlay and you can tell they are stickers.

You look close you can actually see the dot inly showing thru the sticker.

I'll leave em on a wjile and decide.

I guess they are what they are.

3182079655_11e82d8b25_b.jpg

3182078969_973648ce83_o.jpg

I've seen a set of the faux pearloid ones and they actually looked legit after applied and "broken in". The chrome ones I have no problem with as long as the guitar's got chrome hardware and is supposed to be hotrodded looking. Cheesy? Maybe. Dresses up the no-frills look of the stock guitar though, makes it into a show-machine. I'd bet the chrome plays off the lights onstage too. Girls like shiny things on guitars too, so if you like girls that's a plus. I say leave 'em on and see how it goes. I'm interested in seeing how they wear after normal playing.

H-Bomb

I've seen a set of the faux pearloid ones and they actually looked legit after applied and "broken in". The chrome ones I have no problem with as long as the guitar's got chrome hardware and is supposed to be hotrodded looking. Cheesy? Maybe. Dresses up the no-frills look of the stock guitar though' date=' makes it into a show-machine. I'd bet the chrome plays off the lights onstage too. Girls like shiny things on guitars too, so if you like girls that's a plus. I say leave 'em on and see how it goes. I'm interested in seeing how they wear after normal playing.

H-Bomb[/quote']

Yea,thats a good point.They seem fairly durable,but metal string grinding on it,be interesting

Hey, those are kinda cool. I tell you what tacky would be. Some inlays that look like those chrome silhouettes of the naked girls that you see on the mudflaps of big rigs. Now, that would make your guitar look trailer park! WHOOOOOO!

I spend too damn much time on the road.

Hey' date=' those are kinda cool. I tell you what tacky would be. Some inlays that look like those chrome silhouettes of the naked girls that you see on the mudflaps of big rigs. Now, that would make your guitar look trailer park! WHOOOOOO!

I spend too damn much time on the road. [/quote']

lol.They actually make them

Archived