Gibson Brands Forums

Pawn shop J200

gunslmb

Was the guitar made in Nashville? If it was it would be one of the last. If it was made in Bozeman it would be one of the first. You may have a very nice find if it was made in Montana.

sorry, ive been sick...it was made in Bozeman. I wondered if the 001 could mean it was some of the first ones made there.

got any idea what was the first day they made the J-200 in Bozeman?

This is a very early Montana guitar and may be one of the first J-200's. You may very well have a wonderful find. There is no way of knowing when the first day of production was as the first guitars were hand made by Ren Ferguson and most were considered prototypes. This was 1989 and I know of no shipping records that would indicate the first day. I would love to see some photos.

This is a very early Montana guitar and may be one of the first J-200's. You may very well have a wonderful find. There is no way of knowing when the first day of production was as the first guitars were hand made by Ren Ferguson and most were considered prototypes. This was 1989 and I know of no shipping records that would indicate the first day. I would love to see some photos.

once I figure out how to post the pics, I will for sure.

Archived