Gibson Brands Forums

Hard case for Epiphone Limited Edition Riviera Custom P93

slk

This guitar does not come with a case. I see that there a few out there but none specify what guitar they will fit. Is there a good model to look for in hard shell cases. Or what should I ask for when looking. Is there another model guitar that is similar in size to this one??

Steve

This very question came to my mind when my Riviera P93 arrived soon after it was introduced. For the first time, MF shipped my guitar and case in two separate boxes. When I unboxed them, the guitar didn't quite fit into the case. I think both case and guitar was slightly asymmetrical, in different directions. So, when I placed the body in the case, it fit well at that end, but the neck didn't slide into the narrow part of the case. I didn't force it, for fear of damaging the neck. I pulled out a few other Epiphone cases (for Sheratons and a Dot), I was able to get all guitars in all cases.

I assumed that all Rivieras/Dots/Sheratons/Lucilles would fit in the same case, but maybe that's not accurate.

Call or e-mail TKL Cases (Canada), or Cedar Creek Cases (TKL's USA division) and ask them if they make a case to fit your Riviera. As they don't sell direct, they will give you the model number(s) so you can shop the retail market for that particular model number. Cases bought through independent retailers will not have the Epi logo silkscreen, but may be the exact same case in all other respects.

I have recently become a TKL/Cedar Creek case dealer, and will be putting together my first order in the next month or so. If you find a case and model number to your liking, let me know.

Archived