Gibson Brands Forums

Name Change

Californiaman

"Idapimp"

No no.. it would need to be Ida- HO [biggrin]

I didn't vote either. You can call yourself whatever you want. Were you born in California? If so then you could leave your username alone because you're showing your roots :rolleyes:

I dunno... I have more pressing issues on my plate - like which guitar to buy next. [blink] Lol

No no.. it would need to be Ida- HO [biggrin]

I didn't vote either. You can call yourself whatever you want. Were you born in California? If so then you could leave your username alone because you're showing your roots :rolleyes:

I dunno... I have more pressing issues on my plate - like which guitar to buy next. [blink] Lol

I'm born and raised in California.

Sorry to have to leave it, but it's time to change my latitude. It'll be best for my family.

Suffice to say, I'm a Californiaman. Will always be.

Kinda funny in ways, but around here "californian" is kinda a bad word, even when applied to some folks from there who literally are rodeo cowboys - and at least some of 'em know it and don't mention it.

It's not "politics," but rather, I think, a more urban-mass and high-speed perspective with a whole different set of economics, if not social problems.

Around here it's not a bad word because of politics or religion, but more a feeling that "those people" found cheap land and kick up real estate prices beyond what locals can afford. Then too, rich retirees who insert their political habits but without knowledge of local history and culture making it "fit" into local politics. Ain't "left vs. right: I've seen local "politics" get awfully steamed over sidewalk ordinance issues or local flood protection.

Actually I ran into a variation of that when I lived in Memphis around 8-9 years. They got mad when I called 'em "easterners" and Tennessee "back east."

And... didn't get it when the "civil war" years where I'm from were a matter of ad hoc companies and regiments and isolated towns versus some "native American" contingents with a proven bent on lifting their hair - albeit sometimes with not entirely unjust cause. The territorial capital had a rapidly-built berm turning it into a multi-racial, multi-cultural, multi-political civilian-operated fortress, and "politics" of "back east" just weren't immediately relevant.

Regionalism isn't quite so obvious in ways as it was 30 years ago, but... it remains as regional perspectives.

A simple non-political (depending on your politics) example. The east half of the state follows the Vikings and the western half the Broncos. Where I live Wyoming and Montana aren't far outa rifle shot and I break bread with such folks daily; in the eastern part of the state, Wyoming and Montana are only for a week's vacation.

That's due simply to geography. Now add culture...

But don't worry; Idaho folks will know your origins pretty quickly, likely without need to tell 'em.

m

Archived