Gibson Brands Forums

Quality time

PrairieSchooner

Spent some time with the J-200 tonight. She's definitely a wonderful guitar for strumming; not sure I've ever owned a guitar with a sound so full and rich, yet not muddy at all; incredible clarity. It was easy to pick out those individual notes with the flat pick and mix them with that fullness; I felt like I held an entire band right there in my lap. Then I slipped on the finger picks; power if you want to dig in, but always that clarity, and the brushes and multi-string pinches just so full. Makes even a player like me sound good. Thank you, Gibson, for this wonderful guitar that you have made, and thanks to the fates that brought it to me. I am blessed.

believe it or not , I've never played a J 200.

they're not common in Ireland , where lowdens are the top dogs. Martins are common too on the more professional circuit . guitars are usually brought out in pubs and parties , so I have played a lot of middle priced models.

A new stockist in belfast keeps a range of Gibsons and I keep meaning to spend a day annoying sales staff. but I think I'm scared i'll just piss myself off at not having the money to come home with one.

bit like visiting a dog shelter.

I think I'm scared i'll just piss myself off at not having the money to come home with one.

It may not be quite that expensive to get into the J200 tone. I purchased my 2000 J100-Xtra (maple body, mahogany neck) because of it's price point, but also because it simply put to shame every J200 I encountered at the time.

If you expand the search to include all the assorted versions of the J100 and J150, some reasonably affordable options might appear.

You guys are really making this hard on me. As I mentioned in another post, I am awaiting a brand new J-200 from My Favorite Guitars. They told me it could be 2 to 3 weeks before they get one in from Bozeman. I'm only half way there. No matter how many times I check my email a day waiting for a message mine has been sent out it doesn't seem to help. Now I read this post??? This could turn into a medical matter! Mine will look like Duane's, except I'm only 5'9", so the guitar will look more in proportion (ha-ha). Waiting...anyone else ever go through this???

Archived