Gibson Brands Forums

1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio Questions

Dick Thunder

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...You asked a question somehow they made a fight out of it.again...

Please feel free to quote the belligerent posts to which you refer, Mr. Gibson.

The OP's text in post #12 is, of course, blatantly offensive and somewhat racist so let's say you start from a point which precedes that.

P.

1417030758[/url]' post='1595212']

You appear to be completely lacking in the requisite social skills which are an essential part of interaction with people on an internet forum.

You are, therefore, probably better-off without us complicating your life and will undoubtedly fare better by staying away.

P.

Men like that make me feel shame for America..people in the world ,that have never been here, think that we are all like him here in America.

Men like that make me feel shame for America..people in the world ,that have never been here, think that we are all like him here in America.

Yeah, I'm the problem...

I don't have "diplomat" in my job resume.

I did state clearly that I suffer from a condition like turrets.

It causes me to say things like I see them. Thanks for the discrimination.

It's more than fine by me if I am not accepted into this little club.

I'm certainly not the only racist in this thread.(see redneck/meth/trailer remarks)

If saying the truth makes me a racist, then so be it.

As far as what people that have never been here think, well there are way worse here than me.

I lived in London for 2 semesters, and I know what Brits think of us Yanks.

You think I'm racist?

At least be as honest as I am.

Discrimination?

You want a free pass to "say things like I see them" and not be held accountable like everyone else?

That's not discrimination my friend.

If you are actually being serious on here, if you are wanting to be in any part of the "music industry", you might LEARN how to be a diplomat if you want a job or a call-back.

Guest Farnsbarns

Yeah, I'm the problem...

I don't have "diplomat" in my job resume.

It's more than fine by me if I am not accepted into this little club.

I'm certainly not the only racist in this thread.(see redneck/meth/trailer remarks)

If saying the truth makes me a racist, then so be it.

As far as what people that have never been here think, well there are way worse here than me.

I lived in London for 2 semesters, and I know what Brits think of us Yanks.

You think I'm racist?

At least be as honest as I am.

I think you're a person who has been handed an excuse mechanism for some time and it hasn't helped you. It's a world pandemic. You see, it's not the fact that you have a condition which makes you say things as you see them that's an issue. It's the way that you see them.

You've taken a perfectly reasonable point, twisted it, taken offense, become abusive not only to individuals but also revealed racist tendencies, justified your stance by stating outright that you're judging people based on nationality and that your judgement is based on meeting a few Brit's some time ago. Given your stinking atitude I'm not surprised you didn't go down well over here.

Forget the head injury thing, it's an insider joke, don't be so ready to take offense, your very embattled and I think you'd be happier if you let some of that go. M-kay.

Pippy for spokesperson! You need a new member title.

Guest Farnsbarns

Apparently you thought I was talking about you.they and them refers to people on internet forms in general no more no less. Only person I was talking to was Mr. Thunder.

You were talking specifically about the members here with sweeping generalisation like your friend D!ck. We know this because you contextualised "them" quite nicely in your post. Do you think people are stupid?

You seem to have misunderstood the internet. You were talking to the world at large, that's kind of the point, and pivotal, really, in the meaning of the word forum for that matter.

I don't really know what the 2 of you expect to gain from your continued presence. I mean, it's your shout but really, do you expect to get something more from this? This is a great forum with some increadibly knowledgable and clever people who would have welcomed you and shared a lot with you but you've both shown yourselves to be racist, ignorant, unpleasant people early in the game. You can't really expect to move forward from here, do you?

Thank you all for being part of a sociological experiment.

You have all provided valuable insight to the larger study.

I will bow out now and let you ponder the choices you've made.

Much Love and Respect for those who stood for their moral views.

Remember it only takes a spark to start a fire.

Be kind to one another.

Guest Farnsbarns

Be kind to one another.

See you around, D1ck.

Apparently you thought I was talking about you.they and them refers to people on internet forms in general no more no less. Only person I was talking to was Mr. Thunder.

Rest assured, Mr. Gibson. I didn't think you were talking about me.

The point I was making was that the first hostile post here was from D!ck Thunder himself. If we are going to apportion blame for antagonism we should bear that in mind.

Furthermore regardless of your intent you weren't only talking to Mr. Thunder; quite the reverse. You wrote a post on an open, public forum.

In future should you wish to talk to only one member you would be better advised to make use of the private message system. It exists solely for that purpose.

This forum is, in general, filled with very friendly, helpful people who habitually offer information and advice in a civil manner.

Bunfights, in the grand scheme of things, are rare occurencies in these parts but when insults are introduced then no-one should be surprised if and when things escalate.

Happily these insignificant spats pass-by quickly and we can all get back to being civil to one another.

Here's hoping we can all have a nice day.

P.

Be kind to one another.

I think you should re-read the first few posts of this thread. No one said anything bad about you nor was anyone being pompous or anything like that. The big thing is we try to point out that just because something is 'old' does not mean it is going to be significantly valuable. That is all. I think you may have over reacted. It's fine. It happens. When you get older you'll learn not to let other people get to you as much and you'll become less sensitive. Happy Thanksgiving! Lets celebrate our slaughter of the Indians. [flapper]

1417050607[/url]' post='1595370']

You were talking specifically about the members here with sweeping generalisation like your friend D!ck. We know this because you contextualised "them" quite nicely in your post. Do you think people are stupid?

You seem to have misunderstood the internet. You were talking to the world at large, that's kind of the point, and pivotal, really, in the meaning of the word forum for that matter.

I don't really know what the 2 of you expect to gain from your continued presence. I mean, it's your shout but really, do you expect to get something more from this? This is a great forum with some increadibly knowledgable and clever people who would have welcomed you and shared a lot with you but you've both shown yourselves to be racist, ignorant, unpleasant people early in the game. You can't really expect to move forward from here, do you?

He probally looked at my info..he thinks Yer all like me......see... You are accountable for the peeps you hang with......

• 2 weeks later...

Here I have been away from the forum more or less for days and see a post on a 90's era Studio and thought well this might be interesting to see what this fella D!ck had to say about it and such. LMAO was I ever wrong haha. I find it amusing we all have opinions based upon or experience's and knowledge, but I have never understood why folks get bent out of shape and become so defensive. Sad it tis as I personally think this forum offers a LOT for anyone no matter who, what, when and where. I value and appreciate everyone's insight here. So with that said...hope everyone has an outstanding day and Happy Holidays to all!

• 6 years later...
  • 5 months later...

I just bought a 92 Studio for $600, and it's been 8 years since this post started. Reverb.com lists sale prices into the thousands for mint condition. I'd think you can made a little money if you hold out for the best buyer. Personally, I've got mine going theough a Marshall 900 and I think it sounds awesome. Add a nice over drive and it roars from heaven. 🥲