Gibson Brands Forums

NTD

btoth76

Hello!

I've decided to learn to do setups on my own. So I can only blame myself if something isn't perfect.

The first pack has arrived yesterday. Notched straight-edge, fret rocker, and a levelling beam. (Of course, - despite of the misleading picture - I won't use a beam with 12" radius on the Tele :D).

HPIM5073_zps56d271a0.jpg

I can't remember who did recommend G&W for me, but huge thanks! Indeed very nice products!

A handy fret crowning file with a fretboard protector strip is on the way too from Chris Alsop's shop: TF081_minicrowning_mainpic_800-500x500.jpg

Also, I had a chat with Chris about a custom-made crowning file for the Fretless Wonder's low frets. It will be my next purchase, along with a levelling beam with 9.5" radius for the Tele, from G&W.

Best wishes... Bence

...and it was Rabs who recommended this brand.

Thank You! [thumbup]

Bence.

No worries... Glad to be of help :)

And yes id say its well worth learning this stuff.. Its not that hard.. Just takes a small amount of practice....

And yeah that G&W stuff is nice and a reasonable price... I did some fret work only today aswell :)

I also have one of these

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fret-Leveling-File-150mm-Smooth/dp/B00JMA7MIC/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1417559986&sr=8-3&keywords=fret+file

And these :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Degree-Fret-Bevel-Tool-Guitar/dp/B00E21JFZO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1417559986&sr=8-4&keywords=fret+file

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Got these just now:

crowningfile_zps32f62eba.jpg

Chris Alsop crowning tool with fretboard protector, and a few strips of fine sandpaper.

Quality tools. They look, feel fine. I can't wait to try them out.

...another very nice service from UK. It came with lot of detailed instructions on fretwork too. [thumbup]

Cheers... Bence

Archived