Gibson Brands Forums

The Angler Casts His Line Into the Fishing Pond

Californiaman

I'm pro police, I have a cop in the family and a very close friend that's a cop...I always give the policeman the benefit of the doubt, They have an incredibly hard and dangerous job. That being said, i saw the video and read the cop's explanation. It doesn't look good for the cop. The suspect was down on the ground, surrounded by cops...We'll have to see how it plays out.

But, the real question is WTF are you doing reading the huffingtonpost?

I am a person who like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt' date=' what make this a bad video is you hear all the yelling in the back ground which if I was one of the three cops I would be concerned about that to start with. There are a few cops on the force that this gets to their head being that all mighty policeman. I had my first expirence with a deputy sheriff down here and he had loads of attitude to start with. I am now 46 (this was last year), honorably discharged from the military and never had any problems with the law ever. He was in my neighborhood and my German Shepherd was in the back yard, the pup started barking. The cop instructed that is my dog got out he would shoot him and I replied oh no you will not. The end result is I was arrested for being a smartazz (failure to follow a lawful order), called a client of mine who was a bonds man and I was posted before I got to the station. Got to court and I knew the judge and this was taken care of. But it would have never happened if the cop was not so damn gung-ho about a dog behind a fence. It still cost me court costs which was 200.00 and a days worth of work to get out of this, and this should have never happened.

The sad thing about the riots, like the riots in LA in the 90's are only a reason to loot others in their neighborhood. These people who riot have no concern for the law or the court system, while this is a bad video in regards to the police man you can see the Kid struggling and resisting. Had he not this would have never happened and the crowd had a huge part in this. Its like the Rodney King video, all you saw was the last 40 seconds on it, you did not see the car chase for 1 1/2 hours. After the dust cleared from that court case the truth did come out, he was then and still is a heavy user of cocaine and that was the reason he was acting this way. I also feel the parents should be held responsible should the child have resisted in this case; more and more parents do not control their children.

Another great example was the kid in the Philippines with the public caning. This little punk was warned not to defeace property; he got caught again and sould pay the piper. But let the news get ahold of it and all of the sudden the punk is a victim and the all the spray painting was not his fault because he was a child of 17 years old.

I personally believe we should bring back public hanging; only one appeal before the sentence and watch how much our crime rate will drop like a brick from Empire State Bldg. Right now I believe that locks only keep out the honest people and its time we take back the country from these gangs and if it means spank a kid on the azz a few times; so be it.

These are my personal feeling about this and I ask you respect my feelings right or wrong; as I will yours.[/quote']

Well said! [-X

Flight959

Another great example was the kid in the Philippines with the public caning. This little punk was warned not to defeace property; he got caught again and sould pay the piper. But let the news get ahold of it and all of the sudden the punk is a victim and the all the spray painting was not his fault because he was a child of 17 years old.

These are my personal feeling about this and I ask you respect my feelings right or wrong; as I will yours.

Yeah I remember that incident when Bush 1 was in office. That kid did get punished for what he did.

I believe in this case, the officer made a fatal error in judgment the moment he reached for his gun. I'm sorry for the loss this poor guys family has to go through now. Justice will eventually win out, but that's a hard thing to tell the family of Oscar Grant.

It's sad this situation played out the way it did, but it could also be said that these kinds of situations would never come to light if people would just live their life without interfering with the law.

I've never been in trouble with policemen or the law and it boggles my mind as to how these punk kids nowadays think it's ok to act in such a way that draws the attention of law enforcement.

It's sad this situation played out the way it did' date=' but it could also be said that these kinds of situations would never come to light if people would just live their life without interfering with the law.

I've never been in trouble with policemen or the law and it boggles my mind as to how these punk kids nowadays think it's ok to act in such a way that draws the attention of law enforcement.[/quote']

"these punk kids nowadays"

Seems to assume a lot. You've never been in trouble with the law so today's kids are punks?

Archived