Gibson Brands Forums

Terror in a Tiny Tin

brad1

Recently got a Orange Micro Terror and it's matching 8 inch cab.

Never spent so little on such a great sounding amplifier. The 20 watts in this thing sound great. And the little cab sounds much better than I had anticipated. Now I had read a lot of positive reviews on this amp, but until you see the size of this thing, and actually hear it, it is hard to believe how good it sounds. I live in an apartment and this thing is just perfect for it.

To show perspective, I have placed a Fender medium pick in front of the amp.

Anybody else tried one of these, or own one?

I highly recommend you do! [thumbup]

339e3636-24df-4e41-bc2c-624521e093b3_zps433a7004.jpgceab7449-d33d-4f15-8032-a1d39de73dd8_zps0142117b.jpg

I've considered getting one of those and carrying it as a spare. I gig with tube amps, and have never had a problem, but ya never know. I'm considering grabbing one of the little Hotones also. Any chance you could post a little demo of that Orange?

I've considered getting one of those and carrying it as a spare. I gig with tube amps, and have never had a problem, but ya never know. I'm considering grabbing one of the little Hotones also. Any chance you could post a little demo of that Orange?

OK, here's a little demo you asked for. I just put my Iphone up against the cab and recorded directly to soundcloud. I'm playing my Gibson SGJ14.

I have the gain up about 1/4 of the way at the beginning. Than I turn it up about half way. And then at the end I have it up all the way.

Please forgive my crappy playing. This was done quickly on one take only. [unsure]

https://soundcloud.com/bradley-e/sounds-from-saturday-afternoon

Yep! My son and I were trying out stuff at a local GC and took one into the platinum room. Plugged it into an Orange PPC 2x12 Cab and it was mind blowing what this little head could do! He decided I needed it for x-mas and I decided I needed a matching PPC 1x12 Cab so I could make transport and setup for practices easier (instead of taking my Mesa Rig all the time). It has worked out great.

The head is totally impressive. No problem keeping up with the rest of a loud band. And now I have a backup for live situations, a headphone jack for practicing when my wife is asleep (or sick of hearing the same lick repeatedly), and it also has a aux in It takes pedals well, although when I plug my complete board in I get some hum with the volume and gain are turned up for jamming with the band.

If you haven't tried one, it is sweet and one of the true amazing bargains at just $149.

Orange1_zpsfa956b11.jpg

Orange2_zpsf6585561.jpg

"For what they are" they are amazing........

So small but some very legit sounds coming out of them. I watched a ton of reviews and checked one out instore. Only reason I didn't grab one is I ended up putting a Mesa Mini Rec on lay-a-way.

If I were playing out, I'd own one in a heart beat if only as a spare that doesn't take up any room.

SO tiny, I've heard of people mounting them on their pedal board as a spare and I figure you could even stow one in the bottom of a large combo amp so it wouldn't even take up extra room during load in/out

They sell around here for $149........for the sound they give, you can't beat it.

NHTom

Archived