Gibson Brands Forums

So How Did Your NYE Gig Go??

Kaiser Bill

I wasn't at all surprised by my NYE gig. The people showed up in the same clothes they worked on their cars with. We played 8:30-12:30 (late for Florida). Naturally when we said good night they wanted one more. Sorry...we've already been here for almost 5 hours. Time to go home. [flapper]

I wasn't at all surprised by my NYE gig. The people showed up in the same clothes they worked on their cars with. We played 8:30-12:30 (late for Florida). Naturally when we said good night they wanted one more. Sorry...we've already been here for almost 5 hours. Time to go home. [flapper]

Good on ya, Bill. No gig for us so I got to spend it home with the family. Hope you and the lovely wife have a great 2015.

Our's went really well. Desptite hot, sticky weather which drove a lot of the crowd outside especially for the first (daylight) set, they came in as the evening rolled on through the second set and were dancing and singing and enjoying themselves throughout the third. The band played the best it can and the sound was very good despite out usual sound guy being unnavailable. We had the luxury of being in the middle of a multi-band gig so did not have to go through the usual "just one more" thing as the final band were ready to go on a different stage. Able to tear down and enjoy a cold beer with mates in the crowd by 10:45 - a great night had by all ('till I drank and smoked way to much later on and.... ah well, New Years day was pretty slow anyhow) - great fun. [biggrin]

Happy new year to everyone here. :)

Donnie...been there bro...living right smack dab on Lake Erie (between Buffalo and Cleveland) for a large chunk of my life...I've seen some pretty scary times driving to and from gigs. The "fun" can start as early as mid October and end in late April or early May. Smart to stay home

Archived