Gibson Brands Forums

339 gotta say

esch

Just got off a 3 hour writing/jamming (by myself) session with my two favorite axes - my 07 gold top Les paul, and my 339.

Man I just gotta say the 339 is such an unbelievable guitar. The 57s really sound great on this axe. I am in heaven switching back and forth between these two great guitars, all I can say is WOW. Tone for days.

Anyone with me on this? LOL

I ordered mine from Guitarsale, thinking that it might move through quicker because they are smaller. Then I found out they are owned by musicians friend. Musicians friend sent me that email confirming my order not guitar sale. I passed up ordering it through MF and getting a discount so that I would be getting from guitar sale. Live and learn. At least guitar sale is supposed to go over the guitar before it goes out to make sure there are no problems. Although they may do that for all of MF 339 sales as well.

I dont own one but Ive played one at a friends home studio... nice guitar, sounds great and feels just right, I wish I had one, I just checked musiciansfriends page and they say they have a limited quantity of them... did gibson stop producing them? that would be a shame as I wouldnt get one... (they are ver cheap for the quality IMO)

Obviously they can't keep up with demand. I'd say it's a very popular new model for them, and it's hard for a "Gibson" or a "Fender" to come up with a successful "NEW" model.

I look for that price to jump very soon, it's every bit as labor intense to build as an ES-335. Just a tad less wood. I'm toying with the idea of getting a red one this year. My wife doesn't know this yet.

Murph.

Labour is more expensive than a solid guitar, but never lose sight of the fact that the wood is dirt cheap. It is pressed formed maple plywood. It sounds good but it is dirt cheap. I honestly think they're doing very well at their current price, and it really underscores how ridiculously high some other ES models are priced. The ES 339 is priced where they should all be in my honest opinion.

Archived