Gibson Brands Forums

Traditional 2014 finish

Ades

Hello after 30years of playing I have just purchased a Traditional 2014 for a good price, but the finish on the back of the body has started to craze slightly it is just 3 or 4 fine lacquer cracks nothing to do with the wood and the front and neck or fine,please can anybody tell if if this is anything to worry about, I can send it back for a refund but a replacement would be more and from what I can find out Les Paul's suffer from this anyway. Thanks ADrian

i would return the guitar and they should give u another one i just ordered an ocean blue traditional i hope they are not to heavy for my back hahahah [thumbup]

Its not new but I can return it at a cost if I am not happy I have seen the Blue ones but this is cherry sunburst but this problem can happen at any time so I am lead to beleave

hey!

post a pic, lets see what you got there.

Traditional are nice choices, good pickups, and none of the non-traditional stuff the mew Standards have been adorned with lately.

I will do when it arrives but these lines can only been seen under certain lights

I don't know what you mean by, suffer from this. I would have to see it, I have seen various finish issues on various models but I don't know that all suffer from anything as your describing.

Anyway they are nice LPs, post a photo when you have a chance. Checking with age doesn't seem to be what we are talking about. Through it could have been in a very cold spot and caused a similar reaction to checking. Sounds like, application, preparation and time drying with some alternate variable like the cold.

Peace.

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

That`s common with nitrocellulose finishes. Not much You can do about it.

I have two 2011 Gibsons with tiny lacquer cracks.

HPIM4822_zps5d0b668a.jpg

Such cases are not even covered with warranty.

Cheers... Bence

Archived