Gibson Brands Forums

dodsonart

Hello everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself. After owning many of the expensive guitar brands over the year's (i.e.: Gibson, Martin etc.) I began

testing the Epiphone's and was blown away not just by the price but the quality of these instruments. These guitars are indeed great playing instruments

without the need to sacrifice quality. I did tons of research on these instruments and discovered much of what I was hearing about the quality was information

passed down from days gone by. Anyway, I sold my "more expensive" collection and now have a collection of Epi's that I absolute love to play.

This forum is great and I look forward to contributing!

post-69933-097161400 1421706932_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum! You will find lots o' knowledge and friends here! I am heartened that you overcame "Headstock snobbery" and found Epiphones to be as they are, quality instruments at reasonable prices!

Welcome, again, and do not be a stranger!

Play well!

Pete

Welcome, nice collection. What is the first one on the top row on the left, a Sheraton? Could we see close up pics? Thanks!

It is the limited edition 335 Pro Iced Tea. I will send pictures. It is a beautiful guitar. I chose it over the dot primarily because of the block inlays

and binding around the neck. It also has the vintage style tuners. Even with all the additional items noted, the guitar is the same price as the date.

As with most Epi's I have purchased, I had to polish the frets a bit. I love the neck on this guitar.

smile.gif

Cool collection, I like the red one msp_smile.gif

Thank you. It is a 2008 Riviera. I removed the white pick-guard and added a custom made black one. Tonally, it is my favorite.

The mini-humbucker's are awesome. I was motivated to purchase this guitar after listening to Robben Ford's album "Bringing it Back Home" album

in which he plays a 60's Vintage Riviera on the entire album. He says he used the neck pick-up only on every song. The bridge pick-up

has a lot of bite to it. Almost Telecaster like.

Welcome to the forum! You will find lots o' knowledge and friends here! I am heartened that you overcame "Headstock snobbery" and found Epiphones to be as they are, quality instruments at reasonable prices!

Welcome, again, and do not be a stranger!

Play well!

Pete

Thank you so much. I have been browsing around here for about 6 months and have discovered a lot of useful information. I almost feel like an ambassador for this brand

because the quality and value is so good. I seem to spend a lot of time "de-bunking" a lot of myths about the Epiphone guitars. The guitars that have been manufactured over the last few years are the best they have produced in my opinion.

Just the other night I was playing with a group of guys and one of the guitar players commented he like the tone of my Riviera. He said I must have changed the pick-ups.

I told him there was no need to do that anymore, the Epi pick-ups can more than hold their own.

Welcome dodsonart! I'm not on the forum that often, but whenever I have a question about one of my Epis, or want more info about a new model, this is the place for me.

Nice balanced collection you have there!

Thanks for the welcome! I like that you mentioned "balanced collection" because that is what I was going for. Each guitar is so different and with this collection I can cover any genre/style of music.

I am so happy with these.

[scared] Sold your "expensive" brands, for Epiphones??? That's a switch. :-k It's usually, the other way round. [biggrin]

I LOVE my Epi's, but I can't say, with any certainty, that I'd sell my Gibson's, and replace them with Epi's.

Having said that, I do think Epi's are an outstanding "bang for the buck" line of guitars! And, you certainly

have a nice collection. [thumbup]

Congratulations, and Welcome to the Epi Forum/Nut House![biggrin]

CB

It is the limited edition 335 Pro Iced Tea. I will send pictures. It is a beautiful guitar. I chose it over the dot primarily because of the block inlays

and binding around the neck. It also has the vintage style tuners.

Very nice, I haven't seen that finish before.

because the quality and value is so good. I seem to spend a lot of time "de-bunking" a lot of myths about the Epiphone guitars. The guitars that have been manufactured over the last few years are the best they have produced in my opinion.

you don't say...

eusa_think.gif

msp_mellow.gif

I've been saying the exact same thing, since I got my first Epiphone guitar, almost 20 years or more ago. msp_huh.gif

don't be a stranger, many fine (and, well, not so finemsp_blushing.gif) guitarists here, much valuable knowledge, not just about Epiphone guitars, but basically...all . A great group here msp_thumbup.gif

Archived