Gibson Brands Forums

Epi 339 p90 proffessional joins the faMILY

Buckeroo

Hello to all,

Just Purchased New 339 Epiphone p90 pro and I have to say its a keeper! I got it in Pelham blue and its a real looker! I'm planning on changing out the p90 covers to crème ones and replacing the pickguard with crème also to match the binding. The cover for the pickups are no problem but the pickguard may have to be custom made. Does anybody know of 339 replacement pickguards available? On a different note bought this at Guitar center because that's all the is around me boy they have the worst customer service ! You would think that if they have 6 339 guitars for sale they would carry in stock one case. Left store with guitar in hand no box no paperwork no offer to sell me a bag ..... . You would think they might offer to clean the guitar anything to make your buying experience special. I guess unless I want to roll the dice and not try it before I buy it (internet), I have to bite the bullet.... I just don't see any passion or love of the instruments by the sales staff just a desire to sell protection plans.

I've been eyeing the pelham blue 339 P90 myself these last few weeks. How's the playabilty and tone on the guitar? I figure it would llook real nice to the TV pelham blue 335 I have, and I just love P90s.

No surprise regarding GC. They are just about as bad as it gets. I have gotten good deals from time to time though walking in very late on the last day of their sales quarter. They're sometimes desperate enough to cut almost any deal with a bit of haggling.

Enjoy that new guitar!

thought the playability was excellent playing thru a blues jr fender and I like the neck pickup best but I may have to raise the back pickup a little. frets were dressed well no sharp edges, The tuners I believe are no longer grovers but epiphone made, and this is odd, seem to hold tune better than the ones that were on the es 339 pro with humbuckers I use to have. To the guy with the pickguard info if you don't mind what did the pickguard cost you?

No surprise regarding GC. They are just about as bad as it gets.

Yes, and one (or even two or three) Guitar Center location speaks for all locations! LOL!

Epiphone ES-339 cases are not something that would normally be in-stock. When I order my Ebony ES-339, I will order the case for it at the same time.

Had I planned to buy one in-store, I'd have ordered the case beforehand and taken it with me to take my guitar home in. A little forethought is all that's needed to avoid little "hassles".

Hello to all,

Just Purchased New 339 Epiphone p90 pro and I have to say its a keeper! I got it in Pelham blue and its a real looker! I'm planning on changing out the p90 covers to crème ones and replacing the pickguard with crème also to match the binding. The cover for the pickups are no problem but the pickguard may have to be custom made. Does anybody know of 339 replacement pickguards available? On a different note bought this at Guitar center because that's all the is around me boy they have the worst customer service ! You would think that if they have 6 339 guitars for sale they would carry in stock one case. Left store with guitar in hand no box no paperwork no offer to sell me a bag ..... . You would think they might offer to clean the guitar anything to make your buying experience special. I guess unless I want to roll the dice and not try it before I buy it (internet), I have to bite the bullet.... I just don't see any passion or love of the instruments by the sales staff just a desire to sell protection plans.

can you post a picture or 3 of subject pelham blue Epiphone ES-339 P90 Pro ? It sounds to me as if it is a quite nice electric guitar. msp_thumbup.gifsmile.gif

I wish I could find a 339 - P90 in Canada , preferably one that I could see , touch and try first , mail ordering a guitar is a roll of the dice. No one stocks these here.

I'd like one in ebony to keep my other guitars company .

Last year I bought a 339 with the humbuckers in vintage sunburst , I really like that one , I ordered the Epiphone case for it at the same time.

Here it is ..............

000_1162_zpssakph3dz.jpg

Archived