Gibson Brands Forums

saturday song recording with and without pick up

blindboygrunt

Hey now? I must've ingested some of those clouds that were in my coffee, because it sounds like the mic'ed version was done in D, and the piezo version was in C, Capo-1? It does change the feel, a bit. Also- remembering a thought when Dan had posted some YouTube demo's of his Trance system a few days back; it seems with lower volumes/quieter songs, they do a pretty decent job of it, and wondering if the vocal mic is also picking up a little and helping things sound more natural. It does seem like the better sounding systems, if you have to go that way, are the ones that allow you to blend a bit of piezo (said to be better at picking up low end?), with some sort of internal mic.

Listened on the head cans. Thanks for posting those up.

Hey now? I must've ingested some of those clouds that were in my coffee, because it sounds like the mic'ed version was done in D, and the piezo version was in C, Capo-1? It does change the feel, a bit. Also- remembering a thought when Dan had posted some YouTube demo's of his Trance system a few days back; it seems with lower volumes/quieter songs, they do a pretty decent job of it, and wondering if the vocal mic is also picking up a little and helping things sound more natural. It does seem like the better sounding systems, if you have to go that way, are the ones that allow you to blend a bit of piezo (said to be better at picking up low end?), with some sort of internal mic.

Listened on the head cans. Thanks for posting those up.

Ha! Dammit . you're right. I'm a dipstick. The pickup version was recorded weeks ago and I forgot it was a different key.

I can't do the blend between the two though because I only have the two inputs. I could record the guitar then do the vocals secondly I suppose.

I'm still a total novice at this .

The pickup is good at picking up the gentler parts I guess.

The mic I'm using for the guitar is a cheapo behringer thing. Will invest in a nicer mic when I gather a few quid. Hopefully it'll help.

Archived