Gibson Brands Forums

Tuner suggestions

pdawg

I'm new to this forum, and this is a bit off topic for Epiphone guitars. I have an Epiphone Dot that I love, and a small Fender amp. I'm looking at electronic tuners and not sure what to get. There's clip-on, in-line, pedals, quite a selection. Any suggestions, what you like or don't like, what you're using? Thanks!

Sort of like a "what strings do you like" question LOL. That said, I have a Boss TU2 on my pedalboard, and a Korg CA 30 for any acoustic and/or non amplified guitars. I don't have, but have heard good things about, the Snark clip on's. A lot I would think depends on both your budget and what you're looking for, but I'm happy with mine.

I don't have a Snark but I do have several clip-on tuners and I think they are the best. Not only do they work great in low light but also well in noisy conditions. All you do is clip it on to the headstock. You can even leave them on while performing or practicing where they are always ready to go.

I have one of the black snarks. Works very well.

In fact, it works better than my Korg Pitchblack on my pedalboard.

I find myself using it all the time and plan to get some more.

I just got mine recently. I'm late to the party. But I'm glad I went. [thumbup]

I'm new to this forum, and this is a bit off topic for Epiphone guitars. I have an Epiphone Dot that I love, and a small Fender amp. I'm looking at electronic tuners and not sure what to get. There's clip-on, in-line, pedals, quite a selection. Any suggestions, what you like or don't like, what you're using? Thanks!

TC Eclectronics polytune2

One of these from Planet Waves...

http://www.planetwaves.com/pwTunersandMetronomes.Page?ActiveID=4097

you don't have to worry about plugging into it, or running it in line with your signal, so no tone suck at all.

just turn your guitar volume down, and turn on the clip on tuner, and tune up.

They work in even the more hostile (aka: loud) environments.

20 bucks a pop, and they're accurate. (not like my Peterson Strobe, but - the convenience is hard to beat)

and so far, there's been no nitro damage, (I don't keep one attached,.. when I'm done playing, I do take it off the headstock)

I have three of them.. They're great.

I wasn't sure how good the clip-ons would be because they cost so little. Sounds like that's the way to go.

I've got a clip-on red snark. Works fine. 10 bucks! Amazing little gadget. You may want to get a batch of 2032 batteries too. (They're often used in acoustic-electric guitars as well.) These dime-sized batteries are kind of expensive in stores, but you can find them for nearly 1/10 the store cost online.

Archived