Gibson Brands Forums

Baggs anthem

Motherofpearl

This has long been my favorite pup! The high E stopped working so I removed it from my kopp k35. I can tell you I now have a whole other guitar. I mean the kopp sounded amazing anyway but that anthem has been a huge tone killer. Just a heads up for yall. Or ya can call me a dummy haha

Congrats. Nice to enjoy a fine acoustic such as that Kopp as just that: a pure acoustic guitar. A good sounding system, but there is much going on under the hood with the LR Baggs Anthem to get more "air" into it's sound, as opposed to a straight UST. As location of the mic is said to not be as critical, the Tru-Mic can also be mounted on the internals of the output jack, to lessen the amount of stuff attached to the bridge.

GT I love it too. But I'll tell ya I really noticed a huge difference when I took that preamp off.

MOP, I use the Baggs Venue as well. And with both I have the ability to dial in any room I have played. Without the preamp, I would not have had the ability to use the phase to seek the most acoustic sound possible. I love it, and have it installed on 3 out 4 of my guitars. So I am a fan. And will continue to be for my application. Good luck and I hope you find the combo that works for you. I think as technology progresses we will see better and better stuff coming out. When I started playing it was "just step up to the mic son." :)

GT

Archived