Gibson Brands Forums

Signature required please...

Marshall Paul

I think I've seen him in pictures playing about everything. Ya man he does deserve a signature model of either one or both.great voice great guitarist.

Huh. When I saw him Jeff Golub did all of the guitar work. Billy sang and bashed at his tele all night, but did no great guitaring at all. That woulda been first record I'd say, maybe second, or, we saw him after each. Whatever the case, a couple of really great records, really well written songs, the guy is a genius. Still around, does coffee shops and used to do the Borders Book Shop tours.

rct

Serious reply or joke reply?....

The former;

Jan Akkerman's very modified Les Paul Personal.

Low-impedance circuitry ripped-out in favour of HB's (PAFs?); re-'topped' with book-matched flame maple; '53-style McCarty stoptail/bridge instead of tun-o-matic etc...etc...

In many ways ugly as sin (even although it's a Les Paul in a tasteful 'burst) but it would make a change from all those.....erm.....Les Pauls in a tasteful 'burst............[blink]

circ_jan_zpshxuej3gf.jpg

P.

He's one of the guys I saw

when I was doing my research on them. He sounded great with one! I'll vote for his '53-'56 Custom Black Beauty RI signature too! Although I understand it was not a main guitar of his for any serious period from what I can tell... But that won't really help me get my hands on one because I'm sure it would be out of my price range... [blink]

Archived