Gibson Brands Forums

2011 LP Standard with Natural Finish and 50's neck?

jaygl

Add has been up localy for a cpl weeks. I'm not interested in buying it, but, just out of curiosity, does anyone remember a natural finished standard with a 50's profile neck from 2011? I can't find anything on the web. Is it a traditional maybe, or has it been stripped and re-finished? Special order maybe?

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-guitar/markham-york-region/fs-ft:-gibson-les-paul-standard-in-natural-wood-finish/1069756855?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

I don't recall a natural finish recently other than the Les Paul Raw Power models.

I would also speculate that if Gibson DID produce these in any limited fashion, they would have used some sort of flamed top to let the grain pop out.

That said, I can't be sure about this,, but I sort of kinda smell a refinish...

Yeah ive had a look around...

Ive seen a few like the one you are talking about but not many.. The nearest production model I could find was a LP Classic Antique but that has different binding and custom looking features (diamond headstock etc)

HOWEVER, it certainly does look like a Gibson and you find that certain large guitar chains sometimes have specific limited models made just for that shop to sell.. so its really hard to say....

Maybe give Gibson customer service an email and see what they say? Send them the pics and the serial number if its available and they should be able to tell you something.

Traditional sounds right. Right, "call Gibson and give them the serial #". They are pretty cool LPs. 57-57+ pick-ups. They didn't have pick-up covers either. Zebra bobbins. They had a satin finish and it appears like the top was re-finished. The rest looks stock.

Here's an 2011 Traditional-LE which Sam Ash sold, GC also had a Tradition LE in 2011 I believe ...

LP-1_zps98884555.jpg

LP-6_zps52bb526d.jpg

Peace, good luck. I like the natural top.

Ya. I thought the finish looked a bit flat. As I said, I'm not interested in buying it, was just curious as to it's finish origins. I'm sure it's real, just not a standard like the seller is advertising it as.

Archived