Gibson Brands Forums

anyone seen and played one?

vacamartin

I have played one. It's VERY light. Of all of the L-00 reissues that I have played, this one sounds the closest to my 32 L-00. very lightly built and has THAT sound. the only complaint about it vs an original is that this one doesn't have a large neck. it's the smaller more modern neck that you find on most standard series Gibsons.

Keith

I recently got one of the 1932 L-00 RI. It's sunburst instead of Ebony.

If you reference the neck profile shapes on one of the other recent threads, this on has the 50's Hard V shape but is .960" thick like the chunky baseball bats at the first fret so I guess this one would be called a "Baseball Bat Chunky Hard V".

A luthier friend of mine that is currently building a small lot of L00's and is a nut for these guitars said Gibson nailed it on the one I have and it has THE SOUND.

Me? I can't tell the difference or have an ear for THE SOUND, whatever it is.

I recently got one of the 1932 L-00 RI. It's sunburst instead of Ebony.

If you reference the neck profile shapes on one of the other recent threads, this on has the 50's Hard V shape but is .960" thick like the chunky baseball bats at the first fret so I guess this one would be called a "Baseball Bat Chunky Hard V".

A luthier friend of mine that is currently building a small lot of L00's and is a nut for these guitars said Gibson nailed it on the one I have and it has THE SOUND.

Me? I can't tell the difference or have an ear for THE SOUND, whatever it is.

Dave.............ladder braced or Gibsons 30's x style? The "Sound".....must be the awesome bass thump and decay!

Archived